This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get over these concerns I have for my college program next year?
03-24-2014, 04:45 PM
How do I get over these concerns I have for my college program next year?
I was a part time college student this year from May to December and full-time student from September 2012 to April 2013 before becoming part time. Now I'm going back to full-time student in January 2014 and this time it's a program which is the field of study I want to go to for a possible career which is Retail Pharmacy. However, I have concerns for it, and thoughts of them have been coming and going throughout this month.
Here are my concerns:

1. Not enjoying the program and/or having professors that teach a way that doesn't help me learn (I don't learn well by just sitting, listening and taking notes for three hours)
2. Becoming exhausted from early morning classes, and stressed from travelling to the campus (i have to take a shuttle bus to get there)
3. Lack of relaxation time. (I don't need five hours of leisure per day, I'm fine with having just an hour to check Facebook and play video games after getting homework done. I just don't want my workload to be so much that I don't get any down time at all and we all need some down time don't we?)

Is it normal for me to have these concerns? Is there any way I can let go of them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

I think these are all normal concerns when facing the unknown. The good news about uni is you are in control of yourself. If you have issues learning in lecture organize a study group. Need an hour of down time take it. You have no boss looking over your shoulder checking in on you. Most worries don&#x27;t even turn out to be an issue in reality. Tell yourself that your not going to worry about hypothetical problems. Don&#x27;t worry until you have something real to worry about.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply