This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where should I buy 9mm ammo?
03-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Where should I buy 9mm ammo?
Where should I? Should I order it or go someplace and pick it up myself?
Obviously, some people cannot understand why I would ask this question so let me clarify. I asked this question because 1.) The government tracks that sort of thing online and they shouldn't know what I have just in case they try to take my guns. They should be surprised of how many bullets are coming out of my house at them. 2.) I see the good ammos. DUH! I just want opinions, which I have received from some kind folks. Others are assholes about it. F U and have a nice day. Thanks to those who weren't dicks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:54 PM

Wherever you can find the brand you like to shoot the cheapest. Whether that be online or at a local shop.

If it is defensive ammo you are buying, start off with just a few boxes so you can ensure you can runs smoothly with it before buying a large amount. I generally like to run a box or so thru each of my carry magazines before settling on a specific brand and style.

If it is plinking/training ammo, then just look for good deals.

Personally, I like to support local stores I am on their twitter accounts and they will tweet out texts to phones whenever there is a sale going on. I can sometimes save $50-$100 dollars a case if I just wait for sales and stock up when it is cheap. Your mileage may vary depending on your local shops deals and prices.

My suggestion to you is just a day visiting or calling local shops to get a base price of what they sell and for how much. The spend the rest of the day googling online ammo sources and see where you would be saving your money.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:03 PM

Wherever you want to buy it, provided you do it in a legal fashion. We aren't your mommy or daddy, so it doesn't matter what we think.

Online, you can sometimes get a better range of selections, though shipping fees can increase the cost pretty quickly. In a brick-and-mortar store, you may not have as large of a selection, but prices are usually just as good, if not better.

But you'll have to make that call.
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Shipping ammo is expensive for ammo. I would go to Walmart if they carry the ammo.
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM

I just bought 200 rounds of Herter's brand 9mm from Cabela's last night. $13.00 per box or something like that. They had plenty in stock.
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Wherever you can find it and wherever you can find it reasonably priced. Don&#x27;t bother with Walmart or Sportsmens warehouse they will not have it. If you have a Cabela&#x27;s you have better luck of finding it or you could go to a smaller gun store in your area, someone local. That&#x27;s where I have most luck.
03-24-2014, 05:23 PM

A ammo tree in the back yard.........
03-24-2014, 05:26 PM

http://www.selwayarmory.com is a new guns and ammo store just opened near me, does online sales too, has a wide variety of ammo options. plus he is a Gulf War veteran. just moved into a larger store so he is doing good things! I went into the old store and bought 9mm, 40 S&W, and 44mag BEAR loads, 44 special and 44 Russian. great prices on all. 9mm and 40 prices beat walmart. plus once you register online you are automatically entered in monthly ammo drawings! I will always buy from a local store before I buy at walmart
03-24-2014, 05:29 PM

You are on here asking where to buy ammo ? Geez, just how helpless are you...lol. Ever occur to you to type that into a search bar....get out your phone book and call up stores ?
03-24-2014, 05:33 PM

Go where your heart tells you!!

Or just go where it's cheaper. Unless you like spending more money than necessary. I'd find some cheap carriers online and see what the shipping cost is and then compare it to a store. But that's just me thinking outside the box...the small, tiny, miniscule box...