This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think I should just delete my facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm sincerely thinking about deleting my facebook.
All it seems to do is knock my confidence down in stupid little ways that I know shouldn't even matter and annoy me.

For instance if I post a status and nobody "likes" it then I actually get upset about it and feel like a loser and delete it and now that fb automatically switched me over to timeline I can't delete "unliked" statuses anymore. It wouldn't be such a big deal but it seems like I see girls all over my feed who post something stupid like "Omg I had mochi for lunch!" and get 50 likes and a ton of comments where as if I post something meaningful that actually took thought the status gets totally ignored.

It's the same with photos. I know I'm a pretty girl but I never seem to get any comments on my photos yet some tramp will upload a photo of herself sitting on her counter and within a few minutes she has 100 comments all from people talking about how gorgeous she is and how much they love her.

Facebook is really starting to disgust me. I feel like it's all just a stupid high school game, all the rich girls with bleach blonde hair and low cut tops get all the attention.

Like this girl:
http://imgh.us/296930_227370607320560_10...1278_n.jpg
She always has everybody telling her how much they love her and how pretty she is and it drives me crazy!

The other thing is I'm getting really really tired of everybody posting typical teen love statuses. I just feel way to mature for them and it seems like everyone has a boyfriend or a girlfriend and golly they're all just so in love even though most of them will break up in a week and find somebody new.

I mean I do get some comments and usually I get two or three likes and if I'm lucky I'll get a few comments. I think the most likes I've ever gotten was 30 or so and that was because I tagged another friend in my photo.

FB also seems to be my fathers prime choice for stalking my life and it's always irritated me but if I delete him he gets mad. He lives four hours away from me (divorced parents) and he only gets to see me every few weeks but he doesn't have to make sure his presence is known by "liking" my statuses and commenting with awkward comments. I feel like he's part of the reason people stay away from my facebook. It just drives people away.

The only good thing fb seems to do is keep me up to date with people I actually care about but there's only a handful of them (maybe 8) and the rest are mostly just school friends or friends of friends.

I feel like life is better without it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Facebook is for losers and nothing but a government conspiracy to keep an eye on your private life and personal data.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:54 PM

Yes. You will feel much better after you do. People take social networking sites way to seriously.
03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Nobody is going to your stupid essay.
03-24-2014, 05:05 PM

You don't really have to delete it, cause you might regret it later on . Just don't go on it a lot. Cheek it every few months or so for notifications and friend requests and stuff.
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

Wow it feels like I typed this up.
what i did was just leave it alone. i didnt delete it.

i occasionally see what ppl are up to but i dont comment or say anything
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM

Yes you should its boring and you Will feel a lot better for it. I got rid of mine and never looked back
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM

Facebook are for people with no lives and for people who have nothing better to do period.
03-24-2014, 05:22 PM

I have timeline too and you can delete statues or even hide them. To do that you click the right corner of that post you want to delete. It has some symbol there and a bunch of options does come up. And to get likes, you gotta be naked. It's stupid. I think you should delete it so you won't feel so down.
03-24-2014, 05:30 PM

yes, if thats what you want