This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone linked their facebook account to my alternate email?!?!?
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Someone linked their facebook account to my alternate email?!?!?
I have an alternate email that I use when I order stuff online, and stuff like that. I don't check it that often. I logged in today to find that someone had somehow created a facebook account using this email....I have no clue who this person is, or how they created this account. I have never had a facebook account, so I know there isn't some sort of "mix up".
I changed my email password and tried to change the facebook password to that account so I could just go in and disable the account...but now it says that the account has been locked, or restricted....I would like to know how I can un-link this facebook account from my email. Does anybody have any ideas? Or contact info so I can get some help from the people at facebook, to report this?!?!
Thanks for any help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:47 PM

If someone created the Facebook account with your email, it means they knew your alternate email password, since it needs a confirmation link to activate the account. Such link is contained in an email message, but as you changed the password there's no need to worry anymore, but bear in mind that someone might be stealing information from your computer and if so you need to ensure it's well protected by means of a good antivirus and firewall.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply