This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hiding a picture from my Facebook Timeline without offending someone?
03-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Hiding a picture from my Facebook Timeline without offending someone?
So there are some pictures on my Facebook timeline that my mom tagged me in from way back when I first joined Facebook. Whatever, she loves me and I didn't really like them but I ignored it until now. But now I'm a bit older and I'm a little uncomfortable with certain people seeing them, so I want to make it so that no one can actually see the pictures. But I also don't want to offend my mom. So this is kind of a two parter:

1) If I hide the pictures from my timeline, does that mean that they're essentially deleted and no one can see them? Or does it mean that the post that was originally on my timeline that showed that I'd been tagged in them just get hidden. Because if I'm going to do it, I'd rather just make sure no one can see them, even if they go through my pictures.

2) Will my mom get notified that I've hidden the pictures if I decide to do that? This isn't that big of a deal so if she's going to be notified, then I'm not going to bother. I don't want to offend her.

Also, if the whole hiding from my timeline thing doesn't work, can I just untag myself? Or will my mom definitely get notified if I do that. As a side note, these pictures really are from quite a while ago and they're already way at the bottom. No one's going to see them in my pictures or my mom's pictures unless they're specifically looking that far down, but I'd still like to remove them if at all possible. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

http://hitleap.com/by/clickheretojoin

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

Indulge in your psychopathic urges. And just hide the picture.
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM

Edit your privacy options as a &#x27;only can see me&#x27; no one knows about your photos and any notification Smile
03-24-2014, 05:05 PM

If you hide the pic from your Timeline, it's hidden from your Timeline, not deleted, so far it's obvious. If that pic is directly posted into your Timeline, no other entail story; you could also delete that pic. But if that pic in your Timeline is actually the result of TAGGING, hidden it from your Timeline is not enough since people will see that picture if they just type on the search bar "Photos of (your name)". To avoid this, you have to untag yourself from that pic.

Whatever you do in this regard, FB won't notify your mom.