This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I still hurting when i broke up with him?
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Why am I still hurting when i broke up with him?
I was with my boyfriend for just a month. It was a long distance relationship he would tell me how much he missed me, that he had real feelings for me, and wish i was there with him. So this past weekend I came back home to see him and I spent the first day with him just for a little bit and then the next day we were suppose to hang out but he literally stood me up and told me he was busy with his friends on the other side of town. I was hurt cause he knew I came for him and he chose his friends over me. After having a long talk with my bestfriend and her boyfriend they told me I should dump him because he is just playing with my feelings, he is not worth it, and that I deserve better. The other problem was my boyfriend would act single on twitter saying things that were disrespectful to me. So I told him to call me he never did so I just sent him a long text of how I felt and broke up with him. Whats hurting me is that its been 2 days and he never responded. Did I really not matter to him? Or is he just upset? I know I deserve better and I don't want to date him but why am I still hurt? and why hasnt he responded?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM

You're hurting because you love him. Ask yourself if he is worth another try. Would you be willing to go through all that and be hurt by HIM again? Would it be better to just call it quits, hurt now, but move on eventually? I think most often our first instincts are right, give it some time before you decide to call him again.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:05 PM

because u still love him
03-24-2014, 05:10 PM

Its all him. He played you and isnt worth it. If he is not responding then thats a sign that he never loved you in the first place. If he says anything to you dont talk back to him. I know that you really loved this person so it is understandable that your feeling this way. But trust me you will get over it and be with someone better.
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM

He doesn't love you. He is using you.
03-24-2014, 05:15 PM

Sorry, but he must have not cared too much. :-( Don't worry, there's plenty of fish in the water.
Any other guy will give you attention, you dont need one that stands you up!!
Keep your head up girly :-)
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM

Bcuz hes nt interested.
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM

I've been through this before. Guy treated me like trash , I broke up with him BUT I feel like I'm hurting worse. It's more psychological.

You're hurt because it feels like he doesn't care, which are vital signs that he's showing. Maybe he is upset MAYBE you will never know unless you talk to him. I know most people won't do this but why not make the first move and talk to him about the breakup?

The funny thing with guys is you never really know how much you matter to them until you hurt them , likewise with you.
03-24-2014, 05:29 PM

Well before I give my opinion, there are still some lingering questions in my head that are important factors. You just met with him this one weekend for the first time since it's been a long distance relationship, correct? Were you sexually intimate with him? Regardless, he shouldn't have made plans with anyone else knowing that you would be in town for the weekend. Let him go now before more feelings are involved. The harder you drag this on, the harder it will be to detach. Best wishes!
03-24-2014, 05:34 PM

yes you do deserve better than a jerk like that .... most boys don't appreciate when they have a good girl i been through this and I'm still trying to get through to him :/ your still hurt because you thought that you meant more to him & he is showing that he don't care ...he probably hasn't responded yet because he don't know what to say to you because he know he hurt you . everything will be okay time will heal the pain Smile