This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does he think of me as a friend with benefits/is he using me?
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Does he think of me as a friend with benefits/is he using me?
Firstly, a month ago there was this guy that started talking to me on facebook. He was studying in a school near mine and he would talk to me almost everyday. He was very nice and he was complimenting me a lot.He asked me out on a date many times but i was thinking of excuses not to go because i didn't think he was my type at all.One day I decided I should give it a try! Big Grin
So this guy is 2-3 years older than me.I saw him and he was treating me very well.It was actually the most successful first date in my life so far. In the following days he asked me if i wanted to go out again and i said yes and i was thinking about him all the time.
In the second date he showed me his "secret place" that was on the top of a hill and you could see the whole city view under the beautiful moonlight.He told me how he likes to relax there when he is sad or stressed.He shared many things about his life and family with me.Then he came closer to me and kissed me.There was even romantic music playing...
In the third date we went for a walk in the park and talked a little. Then he started teasing me and we were laughing :3 he kissed me many times this day and i was enjoying it. he even asked to hold my hand while we were going back home. We were acting like a couple. He was giving me hugs,kisses,compliments and he told me he was very lucky that he had met me.
Obviously all this was so exciting for me. I started to like him a lot. But then..
He told me that he really wanted to see me and all. So before evening classes we went out. I thought he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend at some point. When he leaned to kiss me I didnt let him and he asked what's wrong and I asked him "What are we?" because I really didnt know if we were a couple or friends with benefits etc. Then he asked "What do you want us to be?" and i couldn't really answer because i was too shy to tell him. Then he told me "The thing we have doesn't really have a name.We might decide later and it will depend on what we're doing and if it is working" While hearing this I didn't do anything. I simply shut my mouth but then he started kissing my neck and i didn't let him to. He tried many times and then he told me "Stop annoying me, let me kiss you" then i checked the time and found a good excuse. I left because I was "late for class".
When I got home i started to think about his behavior and words..I can't understand what's on his mind. Maybe he is using me to get over his ex [i am pretty sure he still likes her]. Well I dont really want to stop going out with him but I will NOT be his toy. I am not a making out machine and If I am going to make out with someone I think we should at least be a couple.It's so confusing tho because he is acting like my boyfriend [ex. cute kiss on nose, covering me with hands while I am cold] while he thinks of me as a friend with benefits[i guess].
Please share your opinion about it. Sorry for the looooong post [it could have been worse xD ]
Arigato <3

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

I think he&#x27;s just horny and not boyfriend material. Just wants to have fun n cut

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:01 PM

In my perspective I think he isnt using you at all because he even asked you what you two wanted to be but you were to shy to answer. Maybe if you&#x27;re too shy to tell him then the least thing you can possibly do is tell him through text and see what happens from there.
Because I&#x27;m pretty sure you don&#x27;t want to get led on like that but at the same time you feel as though he&#x27;s using you to get over his ex, the best thing you should do is at least ask him if he&#x27;s using you to get over his ex then ask if he likes you.
If he denies liking you then obviously hes only using you as a toy.
If he says he does like you then tell him why he hasn&#x27;t made a move yet by asking you out.
03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

He is not "using" you -- he is dating you in order to get to know you. It may work out, or it may not. If it does not work out, it doesn't mean that he was just "using" you. He sounds as if he is definitely interested in you.
He does not yet know how to define your relationship, and neither do you. He did not ask you to be "friends with benefits" -- you're the one who doesn't know if you are, or are not. If he ever does ask you to be friends with benefits, then you run - you do NOT want to do that.
"Friends with benefits" is nothing more than just a sexual relationship. The"benefit" is sex. It is understood by both parties, just going in, that there are to be no romantic feelings involved; no commitment; no strings; and you are both free to date others, until the day one of you finds a significant other and ends the "friends with benefits" relationship.