This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't understand why people won't wake up to the real "big brother" nature of facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I don't understand why people won't wake up to the real "big brother" nature of facebook?
It's nothing more than a massive data collection point for use by governments and other agencies who have cleverly marketed it as a friendly "keep in touch with family/friends" bullshite to suck people in. Are there any other "thinking" non facebook users out there? What's wrong with just using email or an actual telephone to chat with family and real friends?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

Same with cellphones and emails.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:01 PM

So you are saying that Facebook was set up by a cabal of world governments? No it wasn't.

On the other hand you are right that it is a dream for any government or organisation that wants to keep an eye on people. Consider, if the government of a country had said "We are going to set up this web page where all citizens can tell us what they are doing, where they have been, what their likes and dislikes are, what their political motivations are, who they are associating with and what they are talking about" how many people would volunteer all that information? I'm betting close to zero. So why do people put all this stuff on Facebook?
03-24-2014, 05:11 PM

I don't use it and this is not my main reason but hey, this doesn't sound implausible either.
03-24-2014, 05:20 PM

I must salute you for your 'wake-up' thinking, and thank you for making me realize that hey, someone else also sees it. although, perhaps, it might not be a government maneuver...you see, Facebook is credited as the only site which promises, if not 100%, then at least 70% privacy and security to its users. as a reference, consider the Libyan movement on Facebook. Although, they all get to it at the end, for all u know, they can track out, and keep a filthy good check on all your mails and stuff. what do u think people people like Edward Snowden and Julian Assange do as they unlock even the high security, bull- dog guarded internet accounts. nothing's safe here buddy, at least on the net. However, one thing that stings me about facebook, as I think it does you is its overuse as ' my personal diary' site. ' I am eating, I am sleeping, I am picking my nose',if this is what we call socializing, we should really think twice. I think, and I think you must agree, that facebook really needs to improve its efficiency, and cut out this ridiculous culture. similarly, for the friends part, what can be done is customization of status uploads, to your real friends and people you are probably never gonna meet. another thing which can be useful here is putting on clubs and stuff on fb so that we can meet people with similar interests, and interact with them as candidly as we like, even if they are sitting on the other side of the globe. what do you say, shall we sign a petition like this on the internet, or increasingly on facebook.
at least we can give it a shot...
hope it helped
03-24-2014, 05:22 PM

I put stuff on fb just to piss of ppl especially the government, hopefully they will get the hint that America is awake and tired of their crap
03-24-2014, 05:30 PM

People who use Facebook need to do an internet search on the subject of "Facebook isn't private". They will be horrifed to realise how unprivate their private settings are.