This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I Meet Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks?
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
How can I Meet Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks?
So here's a bit of background information on me. My name is Erris. I'm 5'4, black, and from Atlanta, GA. And by reading my question, it is easy to tell I am a huge hockey fan. Especially a Vancouver Canucks Fan!!! When the Thrashers left my city (GOD I MISS THEM!!!), my dad went on a business trip about a year or 2 later to Vancouver, British Columbia. I've been a hockey follower since I was introduced to the sport at the age of 7. When my dad returned from his 2-3 week trip, he brought back soooo many things. Hockey sticks, shirts, snowglobes, all Canuck themed. It hit me right then that since there was no team for me to love anymore, I'd become a Canucks fan. The stick was a goalie stick. With Roberto luongo's signature on it (a printed signature, but a signature no less). I didn't know many players on the team at the time, so Roberto Luongo didn't ring a bell. It wasn't until mid-2012 when I learned some of the players and realized I had a stick from one of the greatest goalies to ever put on the pads. I obviously at the time didn't see myself eventually wanting to play hockey, but that's the way it turned out. I'll be starting goalie this year, just like my idol. You see, Roberto Luongo is probably my favorite athlete on the planet and I would give a whole lot to be able to meet him and get him to sign a few things. If anyone can give some knowledge on how to meet Robo, please answer. I'll be making the trip this spring to BC to watch my Canucks play the NY Rangers (Henrik Lundqvist is also a pretty awesome goalie), or the LA Kings (JQ is another on of my favs), or the Anahiem Ducks (Jonas Hiller is cool), or the Colorado Avalanche (Varlz is the man!!! Sorry I just like goalies!) and I'd love to see if I can meet my favorite hockey player. If there's any meet and greets or sinings in the days of April 1-10, please Notify me. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

Hi, Erris. You could try writing to the team and telling them some of what you told us. Or you could see if the team is having practices when you go to Vancouver and if they're open to the public. You could follow them on social media and see if they have events for fans. If so, they'll tell you about any meet-and-greets.

I see you plan on visiting in April. Depending on how the Canucks are doing, if they are making a playoff push, the players may not be as accessible as they would earlier in the season.

If you're a big fan of goalies in general, you could try to meet one on a team closer to home. I live in DC and know that the Washington Capitals goalies, Braden Holtby and Philipp Grubauer, are pretty accessible. (Holts always comes over and signs after practice.)

Good luck with Luongo and with your season.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:01 PM

The Canucks practice at the UBC rink.
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

Roberto Luongo will be traded before the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia! Mike Gilles will name Eddie Lack his number 1 goalie and Luongo will ask for a trade. Florida picks him up.

I was just kidding of course! But it is something that can happen if you get too attached on a team, especially a specific player.

By the way, Canucks have 4 home games April 1 - 10.