This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I WANT TO BE A TEENAGE MODEL?
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I WANT TO BE A TEENAGE MODEL?
Hey,

So I want to be a model.

Don't laugh at me but I so do.

I have had my photos taken by a photographer and he said I was stunning and need to go into modeling.

I am 5'10 so very tall, however I am only 13.

My Instagram is

http://Www.instagram.com/nicolelousieoxo

I don't know where to start or how to get scouted,

Thanks for your help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

Hey Nicole. Firstly, I have to say that you have the height a perfect model should have. But maybe you should ask yourself again if you truly want to try modelling. Because apart from all teh fame, glitz and glamour, modelling is a very competitive, fast-paced and I might add, tough, field of career. And most models who are scorching on the ramp now, had to go through a lot of hardship to make it.
You should small. Volunteer for your school/inter-school fashion shows, try landing some freelance gigs and test-shoots with upcoming photographers and makeup artists. Create your profile on facebook, twitter and start connecting with everyone. It's all about how good your network is. Good luck!

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:05 PM

You realize that top models are like 1 in a million, don't you?
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Ok if you seriously want to be a model, you have to go to London, that is where the main agencies are and if they think you have what it takes they will make an exception of where you live.
You can send your pictures and measurements to agencies via the internet, or you can you to an open call which almost all agencies hold.
The next point is very important
Never ever pay a photographer for a portfolio before you go to a London agency, they don't want to see it. If they think you have potential they will take their own test shots which you won't pay for to start with. Please don't waste money on a portfolio.

For major agencies you need to be 5'8+ otherwise there isn't much point applying to them. Also agencies don't want you to be covered in makeup. They want to see your natural complexion. Thats why you aren't suppose to where makeup in the photos you send in.

If you don't think of modelling as a serious thing, look for small local agencies, and go meet them in person, and don't pay upfront fees without researching if your being scammed.

Here are some agencies to try in London.
http://www.associationofmodelagents.org/

Here are some tips from a top agency
http://www.stormmodels.com/become-model-...

Good Luck x
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Well your height is good I&#x27;m only5&quot;11 and a half and am 15 but your not very stunning no offence I&#x27;ve worked with modeling agencies in NYC and Ford and there are more stunning models