This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saw disturbing messages on boyfriends Facebook, what do I do?
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Saw disturbing messages on boyfriends Facebook, what do I do?
Hi,

I Hope someone can help or at least lend some opinions about this... I am so confused and upset....

I have never, ever expected him to act like this ! He is not that sort of person he is shy and always has been since we first met and still is today, he is also very sweet, affectionate and caring this is why I am so confused.

I was at my mans house last night, he was constantly messaging on his phone, on Facebook ever since I walked through the door. Two hours later I was getting slightly fed up.
He went upstairs for about 5 minutes to check something out. He had left his phone face up on the table with his messages open... I was sat at the table anyway.
I saw he was talking to his friend but below was a strange message from him to a girl saying: "what do you look for in a guy? X" automatically I thought WTF?!?!

I opened it (yes) and I began reading the rest, judge me but I was on a mission by this point...
The messages read thing like:
-Move to (the town where he lives) and He can meet up with her.
-I will come and see you (wink face)
-you have a nice figure
-calling her Hun and babe
-telling her to ask him questions so she can get to know him better (after she had said u can stay if She knows him better)
-saying he will Move to her area
-said if he stays at her house he will sleep in her room if she doesn't mind (?!?!)
-Desperate for her to move to our town and for her to let him stay (me and my man live separately trying to save for a house! And she rents so she lives on her own)
-he was constantly trying to get an answer out of her things like : ??????!!!!!!???
A lot of smiley winky flirty faces. Pathetic I know but, really?

The thing that annoys me there was no retaliation on her part.
Maybe I am in the wrong but Obviously this is going to raise suspicions... Is this normal behaviour of a boyfriend of three years? Am I over thinking ?

... But I do need advise on what to do. I trusted this man with my life and I have been nothing but faithful towards him.
Any opinions welcome, go for it.... Please!

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:51 PM

He either needs to stop what he's doing immediately and not have it happen again or you leave him . Don't leave him right away though, if he's willing to change give him another chance and if it happens again, leave .
Let him know how you feel about it oh and don't feel ashamed or awkward for going through his things .
You are his girlfriend . You can go through your mans things whenever you want, anytime anyday . You're his girl, you got the right . And if he doesn't like that you go through his things with or without him knowing, then that right there would automatically prove to you that he's up to no good . And is guilty about something/ hiding something . Any man who is faithful/honest and doesn't have anything to hide would hand you his phone whenever to look through whatever . You got the right to see his shit whenever . But stop him from messaging that lady, before it's to late....

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

I think you should talk to him about it because this does not sound like normal behaviour. Ask him why he is doing this and work out something you should do about it.
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM

I know that with my boyfriend of two years he usually puts his phone face up for me to see and he never ever talks to a girl like that. I'm sorry but, maybe he's getting bored, or he wants to explore? A guy in a relationship should never, EVER talk to another girl like that. Your boyfriend may be a potential cheater? I'm so sorry about this.
03-24-2014, 05:10 PM

It would be wrong to regularly check his phone or snoop because you don't trust him, but you're saying that's not what happened. After 3 years together neither of you should have anything to hide from the other. I think you made it pretty clear that his intentions were not wholesome. Can you live with that? Without questioning whether he is faithful? Would he forgive you and stay in the relationship if he read similar things on your phone? I don't think his conversation was normal or appropriate for someone in a committed relationship. You are not over thinking.
03-24-2014, 05:15 PM

After a relationship of three years there should be open communication between a couple. Yes, everyone is entitled to their privacy but entering a relationship should come with a mutual understanding that keeping hurtful secrets is not ok. It should be of some concern that there is talk of meeting and having a physical relationship. That is uncharacteristic of love or commitment in a relationship. He may possibly feel that there is something lacking in his relationship with you but if he is unable to communicate that with you then he has no concern for your feelings. I would ask him about where he stands as far as your relationship goes and even inquire about his happiness or insecurities. Give him a chance to open up. If he chooses not to do so then i would say you need to confront him directly with what you saw.