This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about groups on facebook?
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Question about groups on facebook?
What happens when u join a group on FB? What info are they pulling from my profile and is my info visible to all group members (wouldn't want that Big Grin
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:54 PM

It says something like "you are giving permission to let this group or application pull needed information from you profile..." right? it is just using information, like your friend list, so you can send it on to friends, and thats about it. and my information isnt avaliable to other users other than my friends.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

As long as your privacy settings are such that people who aren't your friends can't see your profile, then they can't see your profile. If you're joining a group or adding an application, it will pull your name & age, but that's about it. Aside from groups, facebook also allows advertisers to place targeted advertisements which use your personal information (age, sex, relationship status, interests, favorite movies, etc) to deliver advertisements which may be appealing to you.