This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TWITTER!!!i need twitter help?
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM
TWITTER!!!i need twitter help?
how do i twitter from my phone and from myspace?
and if you use it from your phone does it charge you extra?? cuz i have unlimited txt

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:54 PM

Twitter isn't texting, twitter involves using the internet. In order to do that, you need a data plan (which is expensive), which allows you to have access to the internet wherever you are.

Or you need a WiFi compatible phone, which only works in WiFi zones. That's probably you're best bet if you're concerned about how much it will cost, since WiFi is usually free.

However, you need to make sure that once you buy a phone that has access to the internet, that you sign a waiver at the retailer that you bought the phone from. By signing this waiver you are basically agreeing not to piggy-back on somebody's WiFi without their permission.

This is VERY necessary because if you don't sign the waiver, your phone will connect to 3rd party networks without you knowing about it, which will lead to gigantic phone bills. There were tons of stories of people who had $500+ iPhone bills when they first came out, which is why they have this waiver now.

Double check by phoning your cellphone provider or by contacting the retailer where you bought your phone.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:56 PM

Don't know about Myspace, but I do twitter from my phone and I do not have a data plan. I send tweets like text messages, and I have unlimited texting, so it costs me nothing extra.

At your Twitter homepage, go to Settings > Devices and punch in your phone number. They will send you a code to text back to them, and once they've verified the phone number (they'll txt you), you can send tweets as a text message. I use "Twitter" as the contact name in my phone book.

Best to you.