This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel ugly and bad about myself. What should I do?
03-24-2014, 04:52 PM
I feel ugly and bad about myself. What should I do?
I just feel ugly, dark skinned and unattractive,

I'm i18...I feel lonely. I haven't been in school since last June. I'm most likely going to college in a few weeks, the latest in the summer...I have absolutely no real friends...just old acquaintances from high school.

I'm surprised I even get likes on my pictures on instagram...I hardly even talked to people in high school.

There was this really cool girl who tried becoming my friend since 10th grade through 12th...but I had the worst self esteem, I didn't feel "good enough" to be her friend because she was SO gorgeous. I put her on a pedestal, saw myself as an ugly loser who wasnt pretty enough to be her friend, I'd always avoid her and ignore her even the more than anything I really wanted to be her friend but I just couldn't talk to her or act normal around her because she intimidated me, I was pretty jealous of her too. I feel so bad. I hate how stupid I acted...now we hardly talk anymore. We never really talked much because I was so awkward but we still talked and texted a bit, she was extremely nice to me, then eventually started being distant...I haven't talked to her since like september...

I have her on instagram and facebook but we don't talk at all. Her birthday is coming up at the end of this month, I want to tell her something, but would that be weird since we haven't talked in awhile?

I just feel dumb...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

you are who you are someone will love you one day for the person you are. dont care what everyone thinks flaunt your beauty.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

first of all you should never feel ugly because god made everyone special. I really love dark skinned people because they can be really fun and sweet and I bet you are too because you sound like it Smile .second of all you can watch some tutorials on you tube if youd like maybe fix your hair a bit ,put some nice clothes on nice make up and you can even dye your hair Smile ..3rd you could maybe tell your friend happy birthday and talk to her on facebook .maybe ask her to go out in a restaurant or something and have some lunch sometime Smile) ..wish you the very best xxxx
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM

No, it wouldnt be weird. Just post "Happy Birthday!" on her fb wall. And dont worry, God made you beautiful. Youre not ugly!

If you want to feel more confident, try experimenting w/ different hairstyles, clothing and makeup! There are tons of beauty tutorials on YouTube. One of my favorite makeup channels is Nicole Guerriero, check her out. She is great with makeup & has a great personality. Smile

God bless! Smile
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Smile aw!
03-24-2014, 05:16 PM

dont ignore anyone
03-24-2014, 05:21 PM

I think you should do something to make youself feel confident, first, you can go to do something you are good at, find a sense of accomplishment. Don't always feel you are ugly, everyone has advantages and disadvantages, do yourself! Leave the person who thinks flaunt your beauty alone
03-24-2014, 05:29 PM

HI, Lara

just read through ur post and want to share sth with you

i pretty much exprienced the same story back to my secondary school time.

i had extremely low self esteem and barely believed that i will end up in any romantic relationship in the future.

i deeply understand your feel and thought, but have to tell you never lose the faith in yourself as you will definitely look at urself in a very different way in the near future. as that time comes, you would realise that all you are expereincing now is just the growing pain that everyone has in their lives, everyone, more or less!

keep in touch with those real friends who love you and who you love, as they will be along the way with you in ur future beautiful life.

always remember that you are not ugly, but beautiful.