This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook or Twitter safe for a 11 year old?
10-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Is Facebook or Twitter safe for a 11 year old?
I want to find out if FaceBook or Twitter is safer. Do you think that an 11 year old shoud get a FaceBook or Twitter account? Which one is better? Are there games that let you use Twitter for the iPhone/iPod touch? I would like to know so please reply.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM

As a father of 3 i would allow my child if i thought that they could handle the responsibilities that come with it like not giving out personal information etc etc. Remember as parents it is our job to give our children the tools to better themselves, and their lives.

Ads

well if you don't talk to people u don't know and don't accept or follow anyone you don't know you should be safe and also make your password very complicated so nobody figures it out :]

There are options that allow you to make a private profile for each site. But seriously, why make an 11 year old kid a Facebook or Twitter account? It's not like he/she is that interesting and popular at 11.

NOTHING is safe for anyone, let alone an 11 year-old. Not games, APPS. Yes, I have both of these apps. Facebook is better by a long shot. Keep your profile, pics, statuses, etc private. Don't give out a lot of personal info. Of course, some people can still access this info.

G'day JacksonML,

Thank you for your question.

Possibly although I would have them wait a couple of years. Thirteen seems to be a good dividing age for more adult sites. It is the age for Yahoo! Answers for example. A site like FBFforkids might be a better bet at this age. You might also look at privacy tips for Facebook families.

Regards

I think that facebook and twitter are safe as long as you fix the 11 year old's privacy settings.

No Wait until there 13

If you must choose, use Twitter. It is a lot more private according to what I found on the site. Also, Twitter has more children on it than Facebook. I would choose Twitter.

Are you a parent who don't want to embarrass your kid that you're friends with him/her in Facebook? I've encountered a blog about this platform called SafeSocial where you can monitor your kid's activities on social networking sites. Just read the source below for more details.