This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need recommendations on photo applications !?
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
I need recommendations on photo applications !?
Hey everyone ! So I need some recommendations on photo apps? Like the ones people use on Instagram where the sides and the top and bottom of the photos are white. These photos are cropped and have been edited with nice effects. I was wondering whether anyone knows what application is needed to do this? Thank you in advanced ! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

There is one called Vignette that you might want to check out. Here's a test shot I took with my smart phone. Obviously not a spectacular shot. But it gives you an idea of what the app can do. I added the instant classic border along with the SX-70 filter.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

This is a duplicate of question
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...503AACPfuH

Please don't post the same question over and over.

"Like the ones people use on Instagram where the sides and the top and bottom of the photos are white."

There are numerous apps to add borders for instagram (or any other situation where you need to maintain a 1:1 aspect ratio but do not wish to crop). One of the most popular is arguably "#Square".

"These photos are cropped and have been edited with nice effects. I was wondering whether anyone knows what application is needed to do this?"

There are many options -- simply search the play store for photo editors. Some of the most popular are "SnapSeed," "Photo Editor" and "PicsArt."

Now, all that being said... In terms of "filters" or other instagram-centric topics, the majority of "good" photos on instagram are *not* being edited on a smartphone/app. They are rendered on a computer and simply copied to smartphone (or emulator) and uploaded with the instagram app. Many "good" photos on instagram are not taken by or edited on smartphones/apps -- users are simply using the instagram app to upload them, but all processing is being done on a "real" (non-phone) computer, using Adobe Photoshop or any number of similar image editors.

These kind of "what is this user using" questions seem to come up on yahoo answers often. On instagram, you have an easy and immediate way to contact the poster of an image through the commenting system. It would be more productive (and accurate) to simply *ask* the poster how they generated the image vs. asking random strangers here to guess at how someone else's images are being processed or produced.