This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone think the new technogology will drive humanity to hell?
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Does anyone think the new technogology will drive humanity to hell?
I'm a old-lady in the shape of a girl who is almost 30 when is comes to technology. I don't mind texting but I really dislike social networking sites, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace. . I also sometimes get annoyed about how much technology has changed about ipones, iPods, Blu-ray I find they make people lose their identity and there is less face-to-face time. Because for thousands and thousands of years people didn't ride cars, listen to the radio, no electricity. And people survived ok. But now there is much technology people don't even care how pollution wrecking their damn own planet and cellphones give cancer. Besides most of Africa has starving people who have no technology at all and people should try to spend money on helping starving people. 'im finding it increasingly hard to maintain a social life without my smartphone though. It's like if you don't play ball, you're not invited to the game with some people. I find some people will not continue to talk to me unless they have texting as a communication platform. Should I just accept that I will be somewhat of a loner for the rest of my life because of my distaste for technology?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM

it bothers me some too

i like some silence and solitude every now and then

so I guess you are saying We're on the (information) highway to hell

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

it os really annoying especially when people go out to dinner and they are all on their phones
ironically enough, i am studying Software Engineering in school and I avoid my laptop as much as i can I wish people would just understand that there is a time for twitter and a time for face-to-face communication.

I don't think technology by itself is the problem. its mainly people
technology is binary so we will always be able to control it, unfortunately people like our kids don't understand that and that may lead to all sorts of social problems in the future where people aren;t even gonna know how to talk to each other but i don't think technology is to blame i think it's the way you are brought up.
my mom makes a big deal about people using their phones and stuff at the table.so there is a way around all of this.
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM

But you're on the computer right this minute, aren't you?
03-24-2014, 05:22 PM

Advancing technology will certainly make humans mutate. They will change into a different species.
03-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Personally I feel like technology has the potential to ruin civilisation. It's too easy to get into contact with people avoiding actually talking face to face with them. So I'm like, where will that end, will we eventually get to the stage where nobody leaves the house because they can do what they need to do via technology? And, as much as the internet is great, being able to purchase pretty much anything you want online is making having shops redundant. Again, it kind of seems that technology is driving us to spend more and more time at home anti-socially (as I don't believe that texting someone or facebook messaging them is in anyway the same as having a social conversation). But you have to roll with the times, because there's nothing you can do to stop it. Accept the world you live in and focus on the positives that we have gained from technology
03-24-2014, 05:27 PM

The best way to help the starving people is with technology. Industrialization. If you cant see how that helps... well just spend some time thinking about it. Bring along some industry, other industry follows. Water treatment plants, Power stations, Roads, education to produce people in the local population to do work. I think most people have no idea just how much power one can have with the technology of tomorrow. The things you will be able to do, things you wouldn't dream about now, as well as things you quite literally dream about. Imagine a device that allows you to see your own future so you can redesign another. I know for certain this is possible. Imagine the day when you can teleport in an instant to another country or another place in the universe. Imagine the computing power, imagine the CAD. imagine the neural interfaces and the new ways to communicate. Imagine the virtual reality, the improvements to quality of life. Time travel, not just like the first example but actually physically through wormholes. Levitating air/ space vehicles, such a show of power. Power all around. Imagine the industry, machines that build other machines just as the machine you are can build another machine when you sexually reproduce. When you say drive humanity to hell, i think about event horizon. Such a good film. Imagine sitting in that seat, knowing that at a push of a button the space craft your in will rip a hole through space and time and transport you almost instantly to another place millions of km away in another solar system. The feeling of power would be imense. Imagine engineering in a virtual reality. Holograms and control of your entire environment with only thought, telepathically talking to people using a little portable neural interface like sunglasses. Giving motion back to people who are paraplegic. If you lose a limb, you can have it fixed back on, another can be grown using your dna and then fixed into your nervous system artificially. You just have to train using a virtual arm and soon you master that and your new arm is activated. Nano-bots that can cure cancer in days and maintain perfect health. When the ambulance service come, they dont come in a van, they come through a wormhole and your in the hospital in no time. Imagine that world. Imagine talking a language you never knew, using a neural interface and a computer program. Imagine greatly improving your math skills, expanding your memory to a kind that does not forget, expanding your own brain capacity to external machines. Imagine a microprocessor that uses quantum computing to talk directly to another processor with no wires or electromagnetic waves. Money wont be as it is now, it will be like your email account, just a virtual number ( most money is already virtual) and the number will just grow and grow each day as the industry builds its self underground and in space. No more labour.
You have to understand however, that the world will never reach this stage without a money system and without a gradual progression, law and order with some hierarchy. You are basically like the biological world stretching out its hand and creating something that can speed up the process of evolution. One day people will use CAD to design entire living organisms, not just splice little bits of dna like we can now.
03-24-2014, 05:35 PM

It bothers you for a reason. The reason being exactly what you say. The more technology, the more selfish we become. To me there is never enough when reading a text or email. You can always misinterpret it emotionally. It is destructive to the planet and it causes suffering where suffering is not needed. We make ourselves slaves to a thing that seemingly has no real value to where we are going spiritually. It serves no real heart felt purpose in the depths of things.'

I say dump those supposedly friends that only want to communicate in that manner only. What purpose does it serve you and your heart. I would only be there if I can be of service physically. That is where true love and heart felt emotions can be expressed. Then also there is less misinterpretation of the emotion in that manner.
03-24-2014, 05:42 PM

You have rightly identified the dark side & limitation of technology in our present day life. We are confining our life & civilization within the vicious circle of ever increasing technological growth. The net outcome is isolation in life, decrease of fellow feeling & love for each other, decay of age-old values towards humanity. But at the same time, we should appreciate the blessings of technological growth in Medical Science which has been able to bring revolutionary changes in the treatment of diseases & ensured good health & longevity of human life.