This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook notifications?
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM
facebook notifications?
ok i just got a facebook and i know its supose to give me a notification in the lower right hand corner when someone commnets my photos and stuff but it doesnt. it says it in the news feed but it doesnt give me a notification on it. i tryed to fix it but when i go into the notification settings it says all my notifications are on. but it still doesnt notify me when stuff happens. does anyone know how to fix that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:55 PM

In the notification account settings on facebook (the place where you turn what you want to get notified on) it actually says "Facebook notifies you by email whenever actions are taken on Facebook that involve you." Are you getting notified by email? Because it might be that the bottom right notifier tab only works for some kinds of updates. But I don't use that tab for updates because I get them from this facebook app I have now called Scrapboy (http://www.new.facebook.com/apps/applica...60&ref=s).

If you can't figure out a way to get the notifications you want I think it is worth looking into- it gives you live notifications (and since it works on a desktop you can get notified even if you are doing other things such as writing a paper, etc). It also lets you choose WHO you want updates from (so you get all your own profile updates but can also get updates about good friends or whoever's profile you tend to check most regularly).

Hope that helps!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply