This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I posted a giveaway on my photography facebook page now nobody wants to book and keeps asking about freebies?
03-24-2014, 04:54 PM
I posted a giveaway on my photography facebook page now nobody wants to book and keeps asking about freebies?
I wasn't getting a lot of business... about 2 clients a month but I just moved here ( was getting about 5 a month where I used to live )
Anyways I posted a giveaway which attracted a lot of new FANS on facebook but now they keep posting on my wall about contests and freebies and I havent had an inquiry in 3 weeks. Not even a single email lol...

I dont want to ignore my "fans" but I can't just keep doing free shoots or nobody will book

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

That is the draw back of going for a reputation of "cheap" or "free". I can't tell you how many times I have tried to discourage that. I would suggest that your next "give away" be a free sheet from a sitting or a BOGO. Something that will also bring in cash.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

First of all, you have to be careful about posting giveaways on Facebook. There are quite a few rules about that and you can't do several things, one of which is requiring people to become a fan in order to enter (just in case you went that route).

Also, it sounds like you are ill prepared to properly run a business if you are only bringing in two clients a month. Seems to me you have not done an adequate business plan which would have include your marketing strategy.

As for those expecting freebies, you can politely state that you are not currently running any specials for free or reduced sessions and leave it at that. There are too many people out there who expect and/or feel entitled to something free. Don't pander or cater to those people.

You also have to keep in mind that if Facebook is your sole place of getting business, you are not casting a wide enough net. Some will argue that Facebook is the worst thing out there and it's absolutely pointless. Speaking as a blogger who utilizes the site regularly among other social media outlets, the site can actually be quite beneficial when you learn how to use it properly.

Start doing your homework and get to work on a solid business plan. It'll help you in the long run.
03-24-2014, 05:06 PM

What I've done in the past is say you're doing a discount on what ever is booked within the next week or so, then after that, make it known that the discount is over and you're not doing shit for free.
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM

You should do a givaway: like 10% off a session when you book by.... and let it apply to everyone.
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM

And there in a nutshell is the issue with people giving away their work for nothing.

Why should I pay when others got it for free.

NEVER NEVER give your work away.