This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which should I get a laptop or a netbook?
10-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Which should I get a laptop or a netbook?
I am in the market for a computer and was thinking of getting a laptop due to it's portability. However I am torn between getting a laptop or a netbook. I want something where I can browse the internet, do my facebook stuff, keep an electronic photo album, and maybe download some songs. Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Get a laptop with full screen and cd drive
http://www.dell.com Inspiron

Ads

Definitely a netbook. I use mine for school and music etc. Unless you are doing some sort of gaming with it. The only problem with getting a netbook is the fact that it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. So, it depends if you need a CD drive or not. If you want something small get the netbook and then get an external CD/DVD drive.

If you are looking to do LIGHT internet downloading then, a NetBook is the way to go but, if you need a computer that can handle some serious downloading, watching movies, and playing video games, definately get a laptop...

A netbook would be sufficient for the things you want to do. They are
cheaper than laptops, lighter, and more portable. However, they do
not have cd/dvd drives, they generally have smaller hard drives and
cheaper processors. If you wanted a cd/dvd drive later on, you could buy an external one for about $50. My own preference would be to get
a laptop.

Well, if you are looking to download a bunch of stuff you'll probably want to go with a laptop as they tend to have better memory capacity. However, netbooks are getting larger and larger harddrives so it will really depend on how much you intend to download. If you want a few thousand songs and some movies and don't plan to use it for any software (games, photoshop, etc...) then a netbook will do just fine for ya.

This page a bunch of reviews to help you choose a good netbook http://netbooksandstuff.com/netbook-ratings I found it helpful.