This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can I keep my facebook profile inaccessable to those I sent private message to and they're not my friends?
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
how can I keep my facebook profile inaccessable to those I sent private message to and they're not my friends?
My profile is set on private, so no one can get access to it unless they're on my friend list. Sometimes I have to send private messages to facebook users who are not my friends. The problem is that after I send them the message, they can see my profile, profile picture album and my friends. What should I do to keep my profile completely inaccessable to those people?
Plz don't say "block them after sending the message"
what should I do with this link

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Sorry, but the only way to keep your profile completely inaccessible to these people is to not message them. You might be able to hide your friends from them, but you're right -- they will have access to your profile pictures. They'll be able to see only *some* of your profile though -- not the whole thing. They'll only be able to see your Basic Info and Work/Education Info.

You can try to edit your Friends, Basic Info, and Education/Work Info on your Profile Privacy Settings:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/priva...ew=profile

On the drop-down menus, check click "Only Friends." Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue Save Changes button. I don't know if this will necessarily prevent non-friends from seeing these aspects of your profile, but you can try. Otherwise, sorry, non-friends will always have access to your profile pictures, friends, basic, and education/work info whenever you message them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply