This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friend keeps on holding a grudge? 10 POINTS?
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Friend keeps on holding a grudge? 10 POINTS?
Basically I did kind of a messed up thing to my guy friend that I had a crush on. I used a fake Facebook account to mess with him and his girlfriend, like causing problems between them. Honestly I thought it was really funny at the time, and I wasn't thinking. My intentions weren't to break them up...like he implys, I honestly just did it for sh*ts and giggles. However I know that what I did wasn't cool and that it was wrong. This happened over a year ago...we didn't talk for over a year because of that whole situation and I did get my karma for that situation, big time! We started talking again in September and he acted like nothing happened, which I was like alright cool! I'm so glad that we've moved past this...obviously he's not mad anymore. Wrong! He's still mad. He went a couple of months without bringing up that situation that happened a year ago, so I didn't mention it either...no reason to. But then he started bringing it up randomly at inappropriate times, and it would really just kill my vibe. He wouldn't even say it jokingly...like he would talk about it in a tone that you would tell your child that their beloved puppy got ran over...like very serious. One day randomly he was like, "Taylor you tried to ruin my relationship with that whole fake facebook sh*t." First of all, it kind of pissed me off that he would bring it up in the first place, Just because...we're friends now, like everything is good between us. So shut up! I explained to him that I honestly thought it was funny, and that it wasn't to ruin anyone's relationship. He's cocky so of corse he thinks it's because I have a huge crush on him. I then had a long discussion with him about how sorry I was, and if I hurt him in anyway I didn't mean to, I admitted that what I did wasn't cool, all that bullsh*t and he excepted my apologie. To be fair he wasn't completely innocent in the situation though either, because after I did that to him he made my life hell. Lately he's been kind of weird with me lately. Today he really pissed me off. I went up to my teacher's desk and he was up there and he randomly pulls out his phone, shows it to the teacher and says, "This is the girl that Taylor tried to ruin my relationship with on her fake facebook." Like what?! He said it kind of bitterly too. I said, "Why do you keep bringing that up? It's irrelevant. I thought it was funny, I don't really care." He goes, "No it's still relevant. I'm not even supposed to be talking to you." I'm like, "Then don't talk to me! Who are you?" Then he said, "Then I won't talk to you. I shouldn't be anyway." I replied, "Then don't. I dont really care dude." and he walked away. My teacher told him, "It's in the past." And he just looked at me vengefully. Why does he keep holding a gruge? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 05:00 PM

So... he has no obligation to want to be your friend again. Regardless of your motives, you did break him and his girlfriend up (or had a large contribution to doing so) and that obviously affected his life.

Look - yes people have to get over the past... but here is the deal, until he gets over it, he's going to make you fee like you have an obligation... perhaps him and his girlfriend would be together today still. But you broke his trust and prolly won't regain it again. You made a mistake and you learn from it... he has the right to be angry with you and to not want to talk to you.

Alright, some stuff up there is speaking for IF you broke them up. You never really state if you do, but you almost allude to the fact that you did.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply