This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook iPHONE app appears to compromise my account. HELP!?
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Facebook iPHONE app appears to compromise my account. HELP!?
It blocks my account and says: "Sorry, your account is temporarily unavailable, please log in to facebook.com from your computer and follow the instructions given"

Then I go t my computer and try logging in and it says: "Your account was recently accessed from a location we're not familiar with. Please review the activity details below" and under that it shows a map pin-pointing Wellsboro Pennsylvania, US. I'm not from Wellsbroro or know anyone there.

This is over and over again whenever I try to log in with the Facrbook app on my Iphone. I've changed my passwords so many times already.

What could it be? Is the app given by facebook on mobile to browse faster safer or a scam? Does it happen to anyone else? Is it safe? O.O?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM

go back to your computer, assuming you can still log in, then disable all of your apps

you also may want to have this app scan your account to check for malicious apps

https://apps.facebook.com/bd-safego

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:01 PM

Firstly go to your iPhone and update your current location status.
Second remove the facebook from your iphone by deleting the icon on the home page. Then turn off wifi on the iphone.
Then on the iphone pick a facebook page via safari or google. Save it anew on your homepage.
Make sure your main computer has a password for the wifi because when you come to turn on wifi on the iphone you will be asked for it. Now your facebook has your current location and is identified with your main computer as a pool member in the local wifi family.