This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook help- embarrassed to ask my kids?
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Facebook help- embarrassed to ask my kids?
Ok, I admit, I'm from the pre-computer generation and I need some help w/FB:
1. How do I change my name on the profile? I want to add my maiden name so old friends can find me. I could change everything else on my profile but that.
2. How do I get the comments to post? I type them in but when I get back, they're gone.
3. When I share, why does it sometimes go to my timeline and sometimes my wall?
4. How do I add to my timeline- places I've lived, things I've done?
Thanks for not ridiculing this old Boomer and helping me out.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

1. You can change your name by clicking the down arrow in the top left corner, then clicking account settings, then edit your name.

2. On a status, click the little comment bar to begin typing. When you type the comment, press enter to post it.

3. When you press share, it goes to your wall and timeline so other people can see what you shared.

4. You can add to your timeline by clicking about on your profile and clicking edit next to the boxes.

Hope this helped! Good luck!

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:15 PM

1. On the top blue margin,next to your fb name,press the white triangle,then account settings.
In there you will immediately find your name and by clicking on it,you'll change it.
2. It must be one of these two things: a) the comment has been deleted b) the facebook server didn't receive your comment. Refresh the page,type in your comment and press enter.
3. Well,that's what sharing does. It shares that post,you can see it as well as everyone,there's nothing wrong with your post showing on your wall.
4. Not to lie to you,but i think that adding previous places you've lived in is impossible and also things you've done in the past.

Smile hope I helped