This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why won't any of my Facebook apps work on iPod touch?
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Why won't any of my Facebook apps work on iPod touch?
I went to send my friend a picture over Facebook Messenger, and it kept saying "Unable to send message. Retry?"
So I logged out and tried logging in to a different Facebook account, and it said "Can't connect to Facebook. Please try again later."
So I went to the actual Facebook app and it said "Network Error" and wouldn't load anything. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling both apps, closing all of my apps, restarting my iPod, and reconnecting to the internet, but nothing worked. I have a very strong connection, and Twitter, Tumblr, Safari, App Store, etc. all work fine.
I'm using a year-old 32 gigabyte 4th generation iPod touch with iOS 6.0.1.

My netbook (Asus Eee PC 1001 PX with WinXP) lets me on Facebook with no problems whatsoever.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Yes fb is down at the moment. Alot of people are conplaining

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:13 PM

facebook is down at the moment there having a DHN problem and should be back soon
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Facebook is down for maintenance on privacy settings and stuff. Should be back up shortly.
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM

My Facebook (Nebraska, USA) is working perfectly well.
However, to answer all questions - Yes, Facebook is at least intermittently down for lots of users around the globe. The other day, Gmail was doing the same thing (being non-existant) and today it's Facebook's turn. The reason for the sudden crashes is unknown, but Facebook should be up and running throughout the week. Some people have Facebook now, some will tonight and some won't until Wednesday...However, if you're feeling the loss of the social network, a functioning workaround for some users is at beta.facebook.com.