This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some Christians pray to God during bad times? And does God really perform miracles?
03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Why do some Christians pray to God during bad times? And does God really perform miracles?
I know somebody who has Burkitt's Lymphoma and there is a Facebook page about him having this. Whoever runs the page posts updates on how he is doing and on almost every one, they thank the followers for praying for him in hopes of him getting better. He is getting better, by the way.

Whenever someone is going through a tough time, like financial trouble or having a bad relationship with someone, why would they {probably} pray to God?

I've heard God can perform miracles, so everyone praying for that guy to get better from Burkitt's Lymphoma is probably helping him get better, but I kind of digress.

God can't always perform miracles because eventually people have to die and he can't really do anything about that, which makes me wonder if miracles really come from God.

I'm not saying I want that guy with Burkitt's to die; I'm just saying that even if you pray a lot, miracles can't always happen.

So, why do some Christians pray to God during bad times? And, does God really perform miracles?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 05:09 PM

After 20 years of combat I am still here and fighting for Gods children everyday, This IS a miracle.

Ads

03-24-2014, 05:11 PM

Why do some Christians pray to God during bad times?

They're idiots.

And does God really perform miracles?

Of course not. This is not the Dark Ages.
03-24-2014, 05:14 PM

Christians pray to God because they believe God can help.
God doesn't perform miracles, but praying to him certainly makes people feel better. It makes us feel we are helping.
I personally don't believe in God, but that's just my opinion.
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Miracles or coincidences happen quite often to humans!!! No gods or devils exist anywhere outside of any ones brainwashed uneducated minds!!!
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM

The mind is a powerfull thing , God is not
03-24-2014, 05:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sffSw-et9UM
03-24-2014, 05:39 PM

Because it makes them feel better. And if it makes them feel better, and doesn't harm someone else, then I've got no problem with it - it's none of my business.

I don't know if God performs miracles; perhaps he does; perhaps he doesn't. I can only tell you that I haven't personally experienced one; if I said otherwise, I'd be lying.
03-24-2014, 05:42 PM

I pray to God during the good and bad times....and yes, God performs miracles.
03-24-2014, 05:50 PM

and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
Psalm 50:15

yes god do miracles every day