This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to block downloads,utorrent,facebook videos on my TENDA W316R router?
03-25-2014, 08:55 AM
How to block downloads,utorrent,facebook videos on my TENDA W316R router?
Hello, can anyone help me on how to block these things in my router.
1. Downloads - So no one could download anything when they are connected to my router
2. uTorrent - the same as downloads but here is the utorrent application. to prevent it from downloading files.
3. Facebook Videos - So no one could stream videos in facebook..

I wanted to do this because my siblings keep downloading files and streaming videos in facebook while i'm playing an online game. so these things makes my gameplay laggy. I didn't want to block the facebook because that will be obvious. hahaha I only want to block them to stream videos from facebook..

anyone could help? thanks in advance!
@Dreamer,
I didn't want to totally block facebook. I only wanted to block streaming videos in facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2014, 09:09 AM

Block Facebook through the browser and utorrent can be blocked through the firewalls
you can't really block dl unless you disconnect the router

Ads

03-25-2014, 09:21 AM

It is not that complicated, if one reads the freakin' manual...
The first thing I would do is to use the bandwith control of the router on every PC linked to it - Enable Bandwidth Control. (pag. 22 on your manual).
Also, read Chapter 8 about filtering (pag. 40 on); there are ways of filtering acces by URL (to certain websites) or protocols (usefull for blocking u-torrent, if you are blocking the use of its ports).