This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your reaction to John Cena's Tweet about a WWE Drug Test he just took?
03-26-2014, 05:12 AM
Your reaction to John Cena's Tweet about a WWE Drug Test he just took?
WWE top star John Cena publicized and bragged about taking a drug test seven days before WrestleMania on Twitter Sunday. "Hey @espn @SportsCenter drug test 7days from the dance. Looks like Aegis also wants to see a clean fight," Cena tweeted. "Drug testing is @wwe policy since 05/06. Im happy because im proud that @wwe is committed to health of superstars #drugfree4life."

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2014, 05:27 AM

jhon cena's on drugs? well thats a shock

Ads

03-26-2014, 05:44 AM

Lol bs, that's why half of the roster are probably racked up on them *cough Orton cough*
03-26-2014, 05:52 AM

Honestly, I'm a little surprised. I think tweets like this furthers the perception that the twitter accounts of most WWE Superstars, and obviously Cena, really are what they're intended to be: theirs, and not controlled by WWE "writers".

The WWE hasn't, to my knowledge anyways, ever mentioned performance enhancing drugs on any of their programming. They don't even bring it up, which, considering some of the cataclysmic public-relations nightmares they've endured which have been, fair or not, linked back to steroids and other drugs, isn't shocking. What IS shocking is that Cena, the WWE's flag-bearer and de facto Captain America who stands for doing things the right way, would even talk about it at all. Obviously, he's proud of the stance the WWE has taken on drugs and he wants to flaunt that they're unafraid of testing their biggest star (him) just days before their most heavily hyped show of all time, but still, it was surprising.

On the whole though, I think it's a good thing. Sure, one tweet about things isn't going to change the world or anything like that, but if those who follow Cena on twitter, particularly sports reporters, see something like that, maybe it goes even a little ways in helping to alter the mainstream public perception of the stereotypical thug wrestler juiced up to his eyeballs which is still so prevalent. I hope it does.
03-26-2014, 06:08 AM

Well if he is clean he can brag about it he wants,that probably one of the reasons why he is the face of the WWE because he is a clean man,is funny he didn't tweet something to TMZ as those are always trying to say things about the WWE wrestlers.Anyway good to see Cena is following the rules.
03-26-2014, 06:23 AM

Good for him!

Thats one of the reasons why he's the face of the WWE, obeying orders, following company policy, he's as honest as they come, not so much 'bragging' as 'claiming' though however.
03-26-2014, 06:31 AM

ok...?
03-26-2014, 06:42 AM

Cena is correct WWE has tested for Drugs since 5/2006. However, that does not mean that the failed tests are made public, some are but most are not. It also doesn't mean that Cena is clean.

let's keep in mind that the WWE was testing for drugs when Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Batista, HHH, Orton, Masters, RVD, Cena and many others were tested. The WWE NEVER, suspended any of those people for failing a drug test even though many if not all of them are known drug or steroid users.

WWE only makes examples out of mid to low card talents. You will never see a main eventer or top of the card talent being suspended for a failed drug test even if they do takes drugs or are on steroids, the WWE simply hides the truth.

Despite the wellness policy, many former WWE employees and talent have admitted that the WWE has a different set of rules with drug use for the top card talent then they do with the low card talent...Many top talents still use and go unpunished Cena and HHH are two names that have always been linked to Steroid use in the WWE even to this day.

Believe what you want to believe but in my opinion Steroids, drugs, HGH are still used in WWE, TNA and even ROH.