This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Turning off iPhone preview of Facebook notifications?
03-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Turning off iPhone preview of Facebook notifications?
On the iPhone (iOS5) it's possible to turn off "preview" of SMS/text messages so that the alert on the Lock Screen just says "Text Message" under the sender's name. Is it possible to do the same for the new Facebook app? Ideally just saying something like "Facebook: New Message from X", or "New Wall Post", or even just "New Notification" so that you have to log in to see what it is?

Basically I want to know when I have something on Facebook (be it a notification or message), but don't want anyone else to be able to see it - that's why I have a passcode to unlock my phone, to maintain privacy!

Thanks all :-)
Thanks for first response. Looking at the settings, there is an option to set what I get iPhone notifications for, and what I don't get them for. They seem to be either on or off though - either I get a notification telling me I've got a Facebook message (which displays the entire message on my Lock Screen) or I turn them off (and don't get told at all until I next log in).

I'd quite like something in between - so that it tells me I have a message, but doesn't display what it is until I unlock my phone & open the app...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2014, 01:40 PM

Go to iphone settings, and scroll down to the apps. Press facebook, and Click on push notifications, there you can change the settings Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply