This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think social media is corrupting the world?
03-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Do you think social media is corrupting the world?
I feel like social media is corrupting the world, ESPECIALLY for young people. All social-media does is cause people that have or be addicted, drama, depressed, the desire for attention, desire for popularity, etc.

You see teens with their phones, never wanting to let go. Than you have teens who don't take their education seriously as well, all for popularity or because they're just addicted to social media so they just want to text all day. I witness it ALL the Time! But I don't care about this though, just giving a point on my topic. It gives me a better chance on getting a career.. Right? I hope so.. -.-

The phone thing I could sometimes find annoying.. My brother is ALWAYS on his phone, and when I tell him something, he just gives me attitude and says "What?!" I hardly ever talk to him since he's a d00chbag now. So yeah! Social Media could also cause you to have attitude with your family as well! Obviously though you would pay attention to your friends or another person who is not related.

So what's your opinion on social media?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2014, 07:03 PM

I do not know if they are corrupting the world ; but I know they are lying to us

Ads

03-27-2014, 07:20 PM

Yes the social media does corrupt people but they should be smart enough not to make that happen. Some people are influenced by the media and while others are influnced by them. The world lacks of morality these days.
03-27-2014, 07:33 PM

In moderation, social media can have benefits. But when it begins to become like an addiction, then it becomes a problem. It can't be used to the exclusion of other important aspects of life. People need to socialize, to eat together, to watch nature together, to share quality time discussing their ambitions, hopes and dreams. If social media interferes with these things, then it must be limited, or corruption will follow.
03-27-2014, 07:38 PM

You can only be corrupted if you allow it. You can turn off the tv, phone, radio etc. It is much easier to blame someone or something else, than it is to take responsibility and discipline yourself.