This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I make everything private on Facebook?
10-15-2012, 08:16 PM
How do I make everything private on Facebook?
I've tried looking at older posts of this same question, but the problem is that many are older, and the answers pertain to before Facebook updated to it's current layout. Further, I've tried navigating said layout to make everything private, but to no avail. Please no snarky comments. I have a job interview coming up, and while I want to keep my Facebook page, I want to make it so that when someone searches for it, they aren't able to view anything except possibly the most basic information. What do I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:24 PM

Disable your facebook

Ads

read this - there are many new features

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineGuide.php

If you have a timeline just click the drop-down arrow in the top-right hand corner of the screen, select privacy settings

Then scroll down to "Limit audience for past post" and select "manage past post availability" and set it to "only me", or "friends" or what have you

Then you wanna edit the settings for adds, apps, and websites and make sure that's all private, and THEN you need to select update info and drop down to the "likes" section and make sure all your information is set to "friends" or "only you" it will be an "edit settings" button on the top-right hand corner of the screen.