This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people continue to post false stereotypes projecting one political affiliation to a political ideology?
03-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Why do people continue to post false stereotypes projecting one political affiliation to a political ideology?
Can you cite examples that they are independent or connected... beyond extremist groups.
I do give best answers and i do so without partisanship
You show me a source i can learn from I listen

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2014, 09:46 PM

See above...

Ads

03-27-2014, 09:54 PM

new ndaa law allows detainment of US citizens without a warrant. Some say the economy collapsed in 08 and they are buying time so when they release this info, the people do not riot. Martial law is being rolled out in phases. NSA is watching us.
03-27-2014, 10:07 PM

Probably because they're based on reality, for the most part
03-27-2014, 10:19 PM

Stereotyping and generalizations require very little effort. If a particular fact, such as Democrat, Republican, Liberal or Conservative can be gleaned, then a stereotype can be applied to that person. From there it can easily be determined whether that person can be dismissed, based on incompatible ideology, or included, based on similarity of ideology. This a lazy, imprecise and usually incorrect way to sort people without exerting critical thinking, empathy or involvement. It is so much easier to say "I am X and you are Y---I hate you". Even though rarely is anyone just X or just Y. We're more complex than that---stereotypes and generalizations are the reason the human race is goose-stepping to extinction. All humanity is being stripped from the human race.
03-27-2014, 10:24 PM

It stems from a deep hatred or fear. Usually the person hates something or someone so bad they will believe or make up anything just to prove a point and hopefully get others on there cause.
03-27-2014, 10:38 PM

They continue to do it because there are plenty of people still answering their ridiculous questions.
03-27-2014, 10:51 PM

Stereotypes are a bullying tactic used to prey on the weak-minded. The weak-minded, in fear of becoming that stereotype, then do what they can to distance themselves from the stereo-type. For instance, the white racist individual that doesn't want to be considered racist so they vote for Obama because Obama is black, therefore, in their weak mind, proving that they are not racist.

The stereotype is that if you are a republican, you are religious. Plenty of Democrats are religious.
The stereotype is that if you are democrat, you are atheist. Plenty of Republican are atheist.

I happen to be an atheist person registered as a conservative.

There are tens of thousands of Log Cabin Republicans. But if you're gay, Democrats think you should be a Democrat. And will mock and demonize you if you aren't. The same way they do with minorities that aren't Democrats, and women that aren't Democrats. Because the Democrats want to create a stereotype for themselves. This tactic is very transparent to the informed voter. The funny thing is, the president promised more transparency...he just didn't realize we would see right through him.
03-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Both the public on social sites and the media focus their news on the most outrageous statements or those that garner the most Tweets and use the outrageous to form a narrative for entire groups/parties. One example is the Tea Party candidate from Indiana who made a really dumb comment about rape and abortion. That was used to condemn the entire Tea Party and ended the career of this otherwise very good man. They also take the views of Evangelicals to define the right. There are also assumptions made about racism based on the fact that many less minorities vote for the right as if they were forbidden from becoming Republicans.

Assumptions on the right concerning the left are, at this point, based on the president himself and the far reaching changes made to the military, gay rights, economic policy, foreign policy, record regulations, and on and on which many on the right see as being radical, especially through the eyes of older Americans. Obama has changed the narrative from what usually persuades voters to one of special interest groups and social issues as well as rich v poor rather than the normal focus of most presidents being a return to prosperity.

No doubt, the idea that the left loves big government is beyond an assumption. No doubt the right is more traditional in social values and want much less government influence in all areas our lives. This presents a divided government so leaves the political arena left only to attack the other side. I have never noticed the public being so irrational in their political views and I blame that on the media but also in the desire to hang on to the tried and true vs change for the sake of change as if something happened when we entered a new century. Did I miss something?