This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook and deleting accounts?
03-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Facebook and deleting accounts?
I think my friend has deleted me from facebook. I cannot search for her and her picture comes up as a question mark. All her wall posts have been deleted off my account but a picture comment she made on one of my pictures still remains. Did she delete me as a friend or did she just delete her facebook account?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2014, 10:44 PM

the only way you can know, is first, search her name in your friend list. If she doesn't show up, that means she deleted something. Then search her name on the search engine. If her name doesn't show up, then she deleted her account. If her name does show up, add her and ask her why she deleted you. That happened to me just today. I was searching for ym friend, but she wasn't on my list. I searched her int eh search engine, and saw her name, so I added her. I thought she deleted me. But her account got disabled. So don't underestimate your friend. From what you say, it's hard to tell. I don't remember anything about wallo posts being removed when you delete your account, but this could either be three things:

1) She deleted her account, and they automatically remove her wall posts.

2) Her account got disabled, and facebook purposefully deleted her wall posts (for the first two it doesn't really make sense why the wall posts would go but not a picture comment)

3) or she removed you from her facebook, and deleted all her wall posts that she sent you herself, but forgot about her picture comment.

The question mark on the picture doesn't mean anything. It might be that she forgot to put a profile pic. But now, I notice that you say you cannot search for her. Is this in the friend's list or the search engine. If she is not in your friend list, search the engine. If she is not in the search engine, then her account got deleted somehow, by her or facebook.

Just give your friend the benefit of the doubt. Ask her what happened. That's the best way to find out what happened.

Hope I helped Big Grin!

Ads

03-27-2014, 10:48 PM

she could have just blocked you
03-27-2014, 11:01 PM

If you posted on each other's wall alot, and she has a life, then she would not go through the trouble of deleting all her wall posts off your wall. THEREFORE, it's likely no.2 as the first poster wrote, many times my account became disabled when they were sprucing up facebook. Ugh!! Anyways, everytime that happened apparently all the wall posts from certain friends would completely disappear and vice versa. Of course, as other posters said, there are other reasons.
03-27-2014, 11:11 PM

If she had deleted her Facebook account then her name wouldn't even turn up in the search as her account no longer exists. The same scenario is applied when someone blocks you.

The only reasonable explanation is she deleted you from her friend list and stepped up her privacy settings.