This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
all about the cover photos for facebook timeline?
03-27-2014, 11:17 PM
all about the cover photos for facebook timeline?
ok so i have a couple questions about the new facebook timeline cover photo thing.
1) whenever i find a picture i would like to set as my cover photo it always says "you must choose a photo that is at least 399 pixels wide." so i look at the size of it and its usually something like 600 x 410 or something but its over 399, yet it still tells me to do that. how can i get a cover photo that works for it?

2) i have a couple pictures of me and my friends that work for it so when i go to select it, it says "drag to reposition" or whatever. but its always zoomed WAY in so you can't see everyone in that picture. one time i had this photo i liked so i thought i would set that as my cover photo. it was a picture of a tree with a bike next to it. when i set it all i could get was the top of the tree. please help! thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2014, 11:28 PM

i dunno man i just clicked on the add photo button picked a picture from my computer and cropped it and used it..

Ads

03-27-2014, 11:43 PM

facebook will automatically set the width of any picture you use for the cover to 851px. so if you had a really big picture, it will shrink it to fit, and you can position the photo by dragging it up or down but not side to side.

same goes for smaller pictures. facebook will widen it to 851px.

if you can't get a cover photo to fit to your satisfaction, use a timeline cover app on facebook and get any cover you need. the link is http://apps.facebook.com/timeline_covers?yh

all of the covers are the right size and you won't have any issue installing them.