This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who cares what Larry Johnson said on Twitter?
03-28-2014, 03:26 AM
Who cares what Larry Johnson said on Twitter?
So Larry Johnson made a "gay slur" to fans on a Twitter account. So what? Now the Chiefs are going to suspend one of the ONLY good things they have going for them because their star running back made a gay slur on Twitter? Is it me, or are we as a nation turning into a bunch of sissies? (or did I just make a gay slur too?)
Infinite Crissis - My understanding is that disciplinary action came only AFTER a gay rights activisit group wrote a letter and demanded disciplinary action. I also understand that the Chiefs are now looking into whether or not he violated his contract so that they can get out of paying him the $25 million guaranteed under the multi-year contract he signed in 2007. Either way it sounds like EVERYBODY is miserable in Kansas City. My point is that I am just sick of people being so damned thin skinned. But to your point.....talking smack on your boss usually gets your fired.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2014, 03:28 AM

you'd care a lot if you were the owner of that team. the issue isn't just the slur...the issue is that this is a player with a trend of making bad choices and not respecting his chain of command. should he be held above the standards that most of us must adhere to because he's a football player? if you said what you said about your boss on twitter and he/she found out about it...think there wouldn't be consequences? you bet your butt there would be!

for a player that is not having a good season on a team that is having a horrible season, his comments can only be construed as a method to try to get out of kansas city. only problem is he's a 30 year old running back with some injuries. does he think that he's going to get a huge contract elsewhere?

edit: a breach of contract is a breach of contract...no matter what you did. is it really that hard not to get up on a public message board and make idiotic comments? does it take that much intelligence to know "hey, maybe i shouldn't say something like this when i get paid millions to play in the NFL...which is trying to promote a brand"

it's also funny how people say that americans are too PC and take everything too seriously...until someone says something about a group that they themselves belong to.

Ads

03-28-2014, 03:43 AM

We're becoming a nation where professionals can be held to high standard of professionalism. If we choose not to, there are consequences. Your the one being a sissy by crying about it.
03-28-2014, 03:56 AM

nope youre right our country is a gay country now

hey is this a gay glaycier/ lol gay -slur- lol

his coach is gay. the chiefs have a great rb in Johnson, and a decent QB, and some fast WR's... but the gay coaching strategy are making the chiefs suck.

the guy who is trying to sound profound about our country probably voted for Obama.
Our congressmen, Presidents and senators can screw us, by throwing trillions of dollars away, have adulterous affairs, in which they use tax payers money for, or homo sexual affairs either way, apologize to foreign leaders and want to point fingers at us, for talking smack... while their actions are 100x worse.. LOL what a joke.

only in the US is gay, a homo-sexual associated word, where only a few people actually get offended. C R A Z Y, right?

U.K gay is joyfull
Korea gay is a piece of clothing
USA gay merry / joyfull, or stupid, or whatever one wants it to be.

LOL this is a good question here is 10 points for asking it..
03-28-2014, 04:06 AM

Coach, players, owner, team management, chiefs fans, the NFL, coach's family...

besides that, probably nobody
03-28-2014, 04:19 AM

Perhaps he was just being truthful.
03-28-2014, 04:26 AM

i don't care, personally.
03-28-2014, 04:42 AM

Well to be honest, NFL players should be held to a higher level of proffesionalism, because they have millions of kids idolizing them.

That being said, we have become a nation of thin-skinned, pathetic crybabies who take everything people say way to seriously.

The irony of our situtaion is that we make these slurs taboo BECAUSE WE TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY. If people just ignored slurs they would lose their value and just go away.
03-28-2014, 04:56 AM

it matters because those in the public spotlighare AT TIMES held to a higher standard because they are looked up to by fans. and who's the say the chiefs dont have a homosexual fanbase of somekind that was offended even if they dont. things that he said shouldnt be said period. its completely dissrespectful and his apology was a joke.
03-28-2014, 05:12 AM

The NFL cares that's who. They want that market too. They want all the money. From men, women, kids, gays, foreigners, tv, corporations, etc. They wanted it all. If you play under the NFL you better play by their rules. Personally, I think they should all be banned from twitter.