This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you hate my generation?
03-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Do you hate my generation?
I truly cannot understand my generation. I am a 16 yr old girl and I DESPISE the way most of kids my age act. Girls are always so caught up in drama and talking about each other like there's nothing else going on in the world. Boys are sometimes just so completely idiotic in the way they act and talk to one another and to girls. What happened to chivalry? What happened to standing up when a girl walks into the room? What happened to bowing and curtsying? Why have we changed so drastically? I know I may be getting off track here, but when I read books that were written years ago, I always wonder what life would be like. Such respect and courtesy shown to one another. Am I naive in thinking this way?
And what is wrong with music today? I can't comprehend what happened to music. All this pop nonsense and pretty much every single song is about a boy and a girl getting together or breaking up.
Why is it okay to talk about sex, curse at one another, and talk in such a vulgar manner?
Why is it when someone says anything you hear snickers and giggles because these idiots comprehend it as something "dirty"?
And don't even get me started on clothing. Girls think it is perfectly acceptable to wear low v-necks that show off cleavage just to show off to boys and make themselves feel pretty. Guys are wearing pants that show their underwear, like I want to see that.
What happened to picking up a book and reading? I love reading! And that does NOT, in any way make me nerdy. What...is reading "uncool" now?
Why are kids like "Yo, dude I got a 60 on that quiz" and proud of it? Is it "cool" to fail and not be intelligent?
Why are so many girls superficial? Putting on makeup 24/7 and trying to look perfect? Don't get me wrong, I like make-up, but putting it on during class for the entire period is a bit much.
Why are we so interested in these reality shows who show people just partying and getting payed for it. Why is that so entertaining? Is that their dream job?
Why don't kids know is going on in the world anymore? In the USA? Ask them the first 5 presidents of the US and they give you a blank stare (girls may giggle).

Now this does not go for everyone but it applies to quite a few people. There are MANY people who I am lucky enough to call friends and family who are good, wholesome human beings and are the complete opposite of everything I just mentioned.
Your thoughts?
Thanks for letting me rant, and I hope you enjoy your day!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2014, 05:53 AM

i think you may be a virgo

Ads

03-28-2014, 06:00 AM

Im around your age and I feel the same way. Why must we act so dumb?
03-28-2014, 06:06 AM

Psst. I'll let you in on a little secret. Adolescents have always been this way. They will always be this way.
03-28-2014, 06:11 AM

You and Oprah should team up to fight against the corruption of our generation.
03-28-2014, 06:21 AM

We're in the exact same boat hun bun!

I basically isolate myself from all of my peers. Not because I'm better than them or anything, but because of their immaturity and mostly because I feel like we don't have things in common...

Sex jokes arent funny, talking about smoking pot isn't entertaining, and discussing when and where everyone lost their virginity and how many guys they've sucked off isn't cool.

That's high school life for me. Thank god Im outta here soon hahaha. Maybe college will be better. I hear that from a lot of people
03-28-2014, 06:35 AM

I was born in 1983 and I'm not sure if I'm generation X or Y, but I know my ways are very different than the rest that are in my generation, I feel your pain.
03-28-2014, 06:37 AM

*i apologize if anyone finds this offensive*

Yes i do. Well to a point.

I'm an 18 year old guy i went through the same...stuff...you are going through waking up on a daily basis and listening to girls talk about whose a a slut and who slept with who. Listening to guys talk about whose the easiest to get with and what girl will do what for how much. What sickens me most and the first thing i have to admit about myself is...I've done it. Time to time i STILL do it. I grew up with it i, it is what i learned in school. (besides classes...and apparently how to completely butcher the English language) I learned how to talk about a girls rack and doing stupid sh*t was cool.

now for the rest of your points...

As for chivalry...its dead, well for now and for you. When we (guys) get older we might, possibly start thinking straight. Do i stand up when a girl comes in. Yes, why? I'm Spanish/italian i was raised to do it feels weird if i don't (culture). As for bowing and curtsying, idk never really had that issue to contend with. But personally doesn't matter to me and most girls i know think its demeaning. Books, music, and just the arts in general change according to culture. So artist, writers, and musicians have to change with them. Reading a book does not make one nerdy but it has become like that simply because now anything related to school has been slandered. Helps that facebook and twitter have made complete jack***es out of most of us. Sex in my opinion is just sex. Idk who talks about it where. Cursing is a way of releasing tension for me while others it is used when people want to act cool. Again since sex has become mainstream minds tend to wander when someone says sea man, or something of the like. Doesn't help that guys your age, my age and in general think about sex all the time (after food that is). Clothing ties into sex, girls liked and want to be viewed as socially accepted. If it means showing off some boob most dont care. Education in American public school system blows, i know. Been in them all my life. The bare minimum has become the norm...again i know cause that used to be me.

The rest and most of the above can all be covered with a blanket statement. Society has boned us. Hard. Girls have impossible standards to live up to. Guys have to stand out from the rest in anyway possible.

Personally after sophomore year i said f**k it. Made friends with people i liked. From the emo kids to the jocks. Doesn't matter anymore. Cause in the end life if always gonna be high school. College is the same. Work is the same. You get the dumbs**t bottom feeders that for some reason pull miracles out of their **ses to become your boss. You get the hardworkers that get boned. And you get the hardworkers who against all odds pull ahead. Thats our generation.

Isn't Society great?

Smile

btw sorry for the dry humor. And for it being long as hell