This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my dean/teacher allowed to be following me on twitter?
03-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Is my dean/teacher allowed to be following me on twitter?
Ok sooo. There was this huge incident where "twitter beef" was brought up. Some girls were arguing and i made a couple of remarks and statements. When i got to school the next morning he told me "you need to stay out of things before you get in trouble too" i asked him wat he was referring to and he said my exact tweets . I was pretty freaked out but i just laughed it off. However the next day in school when i was walking down the hallway he said "your tweets were a little better last night" again, i just laughed but this time it was pretty freaky. Im not sure, but it doesnt seem like its legal for him to do that because isnt that like an invasion of privacy?

Ps.... Me and my friends think he made a fake account so we wont know who he is .

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2014, 03:08 PM

The thing you are failing to understand is that anyone can follow you on Twitter; you surrender privacy when you join a site such as that. If you don't want people reading your tweets, then don't post any.

How could it be a "fake" account. Do you think it's "fake" because he didn't use his real name? There's nothing fake about it - it's a perfectly legitimate account.

Ads

03-28-2014, 03:18 PM

Anyone is allowed to follow you on Twitter. It's not an invasion of privacy as there is no expectation of privacy when you post message on Twitter. Anyone in the world can see them or follow you. It's completely legal. And not using your real name on an account is not illegal. I have a Twitter account and my Twitter name is nothing like my real name. Plenty of people use fake names on Twitter - probably more than use their real names
if you don't want your teacher, parents or anyone else to see what you are doing on Twitter, then don't do it on Twitter. As they say, you NEVER post anything anywhere online or in a text that you would not want your grandmother, teacher, priest or future boss to see. Remember that simple rule and you'll avoid making stupid mistakes online.
03-28-2014, 03:28 PM

IDK but a weird story thts similar is tht my school made up a instagram account to make sure nobodys bullieing
03-28-2014, 03:30 PM

While I agree with the ones who answered...

Still not understanding why the heck some come to this category for such ridiculous statements, that has nothing to do with the subjects it represents.

Why here?

Attention caving, individuals. For one, I suppose.

Geese!
03-28-2014, 03:40 PM

woah, you really need to learn how twitter works.
1. its not "illegal" to follow
2. he probably doesn't even need to follow you to see what you write!

why did you think it's a private place to have a chat if you aren't sending private messages??

its actually very good he "freaked you out" because you reallllly needed the lesson that many parts of internet are public places. he's giving you a hint that you need to think about how you act in public, because you just don't know who might come across it.
its not an invasion of privacy because you did all this in public!

(... also kinda funny that you think your twitter habits are private, but you post about them in "performing arts"!)

please chat with your parents or some other adult about internet privacy.
you are confused and you are going to get yourself in trouble.