This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you be offended if your friend told you you lack substance?
03-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Would you be offended if your friend told you you lack substance?
I went to an older friend for advice about school (in texting and on Facebook). She told me I was blaming my faults on everyone else, and that she feels like I lack substance and once I find out what motivates me she thinks I will be fine. Before this, she also accused me of making up a sexual assault and told me I need to "respect my body." She ignored me all summer because she was "disappointed in my behavior." She told me I was so desperate to look interesting by changing my profile pictures to the same old ones, told me I would need more activities and better grades to apply to transfer to this college, said she has more interesting people to talk to. She blocked me on Facebook.

I then thought about it and...she literally has no idea what she is talking about. We never even talked about my school year except maybe the sexual assault, and she automatically assumed I was making it up without asking for more information?! There were rumors about him forcing a girl at our school, so I made an internet post about everything he did which she called me selfish for. I think he is dangerous. She doesn't know about my grades or activities or college admissions (and I do), so she can't tell me I won't get in. She has called me unrealistic and naive, not interesting, etc but I don't know where she concluded that. She even judged me for changing my profile pictures to the same old ones, yet I could not care less.

Doesn't this mean her comments to me lack substance? They did not stem from knowledge or logic, and she was acting aggressively towards someone who did nothing to her.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2014, 11:39 PM

She's a controller.
THIS GIRL IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.
Some people feel a need to exert control over people by doing everything they can to make them feel bad about themselves. Or guilty. Or indebted. Or plenty of other things.

This person is toxic. RUN.

Ads

03-28-2014, 11:49 PM

She's a nutcase. Normal people don't do that. If normal people don't like the way you do things, they stay out of your way. If you are good friends with them, maybe they'll tell you once what they don't like and then avoid you in some way. The detailed way of her criticism shows me that randall is just absolutely right--she is enjoying controlling you and probably picked you cause she sees that you would take her comments to heart. Why do you even listen to her or bother about her blocking you? LAUGH at her doing that, look at her behaviour and just laugh at how bizarre it is instead of looking for faults in you. She has no business to tell you what grades you should make or whatever. None at all. Stay out of her way and just laugh at her. Don't give her power.