This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long should I keep someone as a Facebook friend?
03-29-2014, 06:56 PM
How long should I keep someone as a Facebook friend?
First friend I'm questioning: Known her online since 2002...we've kept in touch by email and phone. She doesn't respond to my messages and hasn't in two months.

Second friend in question: She's the girlfriend of my bartender friend (the bar I go to regularly). We've loaned each other books and emailed. A month ago, I told her something personal, some hardships I'm going through right now. After that she never responded. I've sent her two emails since then, telling her what I'm reading, saying I took her suggestion about a book, but no response.

Should I keep them as Facebook friends?

Why do people suddenly stop responding??
Yes, but should I still keep them as Facebook friends? Maybe I shouldn't rock the boat, huh?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2014, 07:09 PM

Friendships change all the time and Facebook is no different only easier to blow someone off than face to face. People change and their reasons for relationships change. Let it go and move on. My best friends in life are a mix of people who I am in regular contact with and some who I have sporadic contact. But I have cycled through a myriad of so-called friends that lasted for only short periods of time. I let them go their way and ceased contact.

Ads

03-29-2014, 07:21 PM

You should keep them as friends for a couple more weeks and if they still don't respond, screw them! delete button!
03-29-2014, 07:26 PM

I have people on my myspace who im not exactly friends with but they are in my grade and ik them. why not keep them? its not a big deal..just dont put them in ur top friends or something.
03-29-2014, 07:31 PM

I wasted so many months waiting and waiting for 2 girls I called my "best friends" ... I left them missed calls every now and then, sms'd them every now and then, wrote on their fb a few times and also waited for them to come online ... all I did was stay and wait ... well, they didn't contact me till months after I stopped trying to reach them! ... I didn't delete them coz I don't really like deleting ppl ... but now we r just ex-class mates...

anyway, my advice is don't delete them ... u don't know why they haven't replied yet ... just don't waste your time waiting for them to reply .. if they reply later then it's ok and if they don't u'll live

good luck =]
03-29-2014, 07:46 PM

You have to wait, but not forever. You don't have to delete them. Maybe their busy.