This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people like Facebook?
03-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Why do people like Facebook?
I use Myspace and Facebook. I have always been a bigger fan of Myspace. I have no idea why some people are so for Facebook... ok... so they say it has "more privacy" I disagree. Sure all the profiles are "private" but did you know that if you write someone who is not your friend and when they write to you then you can see their profile? And if one of your friends makes a comment on another persons pic then you can see their ENTIRE album even if they aren't your friends??
If your profile on myspace is private then it truely is private.
So you Facebook people... what now? What makes Facebook more private than Myspace?
Sure their are going to be pervs lurking around the internet but if the profile is private their isn't a problem.
Haha thanks Edward
What I like about Myspace is you don't have to go through too mnay prefrences to change things. Many people who use Facebook don't know how to "toggle" through the controls. They aren't even aware that other people whom they don't even know can view their photos.
Laylay... read my question first! I proved to you how much safer Myspace is and you didn't give me your side... saying it sucks does not tell me anything
Weil, most of my friends are actually on Myspace. The one reason why I use Facebook is to stay in touch with family. And you aren't proving to me that Facebook is "safer" you are just saying it. I totally doubt 85% of "us" are using Facebook.... proof please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2014, 08:46 PM

i prefer facebook cos i know how to use

i dont like myspace and none of my friends are on it

so there!

Ads

03-29-2014, 08:54 PM

i hate both
03-29-2014, 09:00 PM

i luv facebook becasue all my family has it and all my firiends fo\rom other countries so i can tlak to them.. it is also very kool.. Big Grin
03-29-2014, 09:13 PM

i do agree about the pictures part, that's really not private, but i still think face book is better in everything
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM

well i like facebook cuz i have one. i dont have a myspace. thus, my decision is very logical...... oh two big words!!
03-29-2014, 09:31 PM

There are settings that will not allow "friends of friends" to see your information. It is in the privacy tap in your account settings. It can be changed to just friends, friends and networks, or friends of friends and my networks as well. There is also blocking of certain people you can determine.
03-29-2014, 09:34 PM

You can control who has access to all your parts of your profile- when limited profile applies, what can be seen on that limited profile, who can see what as 'friend of friend', who sees each application you have installed, etc.

Both have their good points. I like MySpace for the blogs of the few friends that don't have an external blog, and have some friends that have only time for one and have had MySpace for longer.

I like the applications on Facebook, and the fact I can block ones I don't like or want to deal with. I also like the single universal style of Facebook rather than having to disable each new person's custom layouts in MySpace.
03-29-2014, 09:46 PM

Actually, when you post photos to an album, you can chose who can (or can't) view that album. So if you set your album to total privacy except your friends, then THEIR friends won't be able to see it. You can also set it to Friends of Friends and various other options.

And no, when I exchange a message with someone outside MY set privacy preferences, they cannot view my profile. And if they have similar preferences, I can't see their either. I've been experiencing this a lot recently while trying to find a new roommate and not being able to view the person who is inquiring about the room.

Privacy on facebook is much more customizable than Myspace if you know how to toggle all the controls to your own liking. There are many, many more options than Myspace.

Just to clear that little bit up.

And yes, I do prefer FB over myspace. For many various reasons. But I'm not ragging on myspace. Just pointing out the privacy differences since you asked.
03-29-2014, 09:54 PM

better be fair or just natural.