This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to change y answers to private?
03-30-2014, 12:43 AM
How to change y answers to private?
How to change y answers account to private activity

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 12:51 AM

Click your avatar then click edit my preferences.
http://answers.yahoo.com/my-activity/edi…
Next click Privacy & Communications
Check your preferences
.My preferences. I allow fans but don't add them to mine.if someone adds you as a contact they are your fan but can't see your questions or answers unless you add them back if you are set to contacts only.
Submit when done.

Ads

03-30-2014, 01:05 AM

Okay, big answer here, but that's because I want to give you details, not because it's difficult.

Here's what to do...(if on a mobile you may have switch to desktop mode for the following to work)

To privatize your profile go to My Activity > Edit My Preferences > Privacy & Communications. http://answers.yahoo.com/my-activity/edi...KIX;_ylv=3 Underneath "Sharing and network" are your choices for your privacy settings, for both your Q&A and your network.

The most private setting is "My Contacts Only", which means only users that you have added as a contact can see your activity and network.

You can only keep your activity private on your profile, you cannot prevent people from finding your Q&A elsewhere on the site or from finding them by using Google and other search engines.

On that same Privacy & Communications page is the setting to "Allow someone from Yahoo! Answers to be my fan" (add you as a contact). A user who has added you as a contact is a fan, and can't see your activity and network on your profile if you have set it to "My Contacts Only". But they do have the option to receive an email every time you ask a question, regardless of your privacy settings unless you don't allow fans.

Any time you make a change on your settings don't forget to click Submit at the bottom of the page.

Also for privacy, on Y! Profile make sure that your account is not linked with Twitter or Facebook.
http://profile.yahoo.com/y/settings/linked-accounts/
03-30-2014, 01:14 AM

Hover over the button on the top called "My Activity" and and click on the "Edit my preferences"

Once there, click on "Privacy and Communications".

On that page, under "Sharing and Network", click the box next to both "Share my Q&A" and "Share my Answers network with" and change it to "My Contacts Only".

This will make it so that only people that you have as contacts here on Y!A will be able to see your questions and answers on here.

Hope this helps Smile