This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motivation to do a ton of homework?
03-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Motivation to do a ton of homework?
Okay, single on valentines day and my sisters with her bf and mum and dad are going to an opera (which was my xmas present to them) but I have a ton of homework that I need the motivation to do.
The homework includes,

One whole English language past paper
one whole maths paper
ten pages of notes from a history text book
a write-up for my 16 week drama project
and revision for a end of module biology test.

Im 15 and in year 11 at secondary school.
many thanks
btw im not a bad student (you can hopefully tell that from the fact I want to do homework not just sat around not doing anything) im usually a strait A student (a couple of B's and a C in French)
I got that C in French because I worked very very hard. I really struggle with it, im dyslexic so struggle to spell in English so you can imagine what my French is like. I have a French tutor and everything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 01:50 AM

Think about what you did to get the C in French. Were you motivated in that class? Perform the opposite on your homework.

Ads

03-30-2014, 01:58 AM

Imagine that you have done all your homework finished and how relaxed you are afterwards Smile
Hope that I've helped you!

Your welcome!
03-30-2014, 01:59 AM

Get some help from http://www.superiorpapers247.org
03-30-2014, 02:06 AM

Only you will know which ones are basically 'easy' for you and which will take more effort.
Put the list into order easiest first.
Then do them in that order.
The list will get smaller quicker that way and you will really feel you are achieving things.
This is how you should always approach a list of tasks.
Getting the quick ones out of the way makes the list diminish at a nice rate giving a great feeling of achievement no matter what the tasks are.
03-30-2014, 02:17 AM

Do what I do, get in, have a drink and a snack, watch a program, then get into it when you're warm and you've relaxed a bit. You've got to get it done, so you just have to do it. Put your headphones on and listen to some music whilst doing it. Log off from all sites like facebook and switch off your phone. Try not to get distracted, start with the piece you hate most then do one you kind of like and keep that method. Make a list so you can cross it off when its done so it feels like you're getting somewhere with it. Make sure to not go on too late because then stuff gets all mixed up. By the way your grades are fab, keep it up *highfive*
03-30-2014, 02:26 AM

Motivation comes from the fact that someday when you get a degree, you will get a good paying job.
So the prospect of your education helping you make money is perhaps the biggest motivating factor.

I was deceived and cheated by keeping such motivation, because I turned out jobless despite being a post graduate in my field. The feelings of betrayal still exist deep inside of me.

But you are 15 only, you have lots of time at such age (you don't need to work at all) and a lot of resources too (your parents and friends). They should motivate you