This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i lose 45 pounds in 3 months?
03-30-2014, 09:50 AM
How can i lose 45 pounds in 3 months?
Hi my name is alexa im 16 years old , mu height is 5'4 and i weight 173 . Im so ashamed of my body . I hade eating disorders ever seens i was in 4th grade and i don't want to have it again. I always see skinny girls and i hate my body. Iv been called fat ever seens i was jn 2nd grade. How can i lose 48 pounds in 3 months ? I really need help. I drink 6 glasses of water everyday and i do 200 sit ups but dont get results. Please help me.!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 10:02 AM

48lbs in 3 months maybe a little too fast which is no good to your body. Exercise increases your metabolism but you also need to change your diet for it to work. Cut off all sugar intake is a good start.

Ads

03-30-2014, 10:10 AM

Drink hot water and lemon juice daily at morning when you get up and see the results,,,
03-30-2014, 10:21 AM

Eating lots and lots of healthy food is the way to go. I think you probably know this already, but don&#x27;t starve yourself or anything like that. Just dont. And if you&#x27;re looking for an excellent exercise routine, I suggest you subscribe to XHIT (not associated with them). I do the Candice Swanepoel work out becuase it&#x27;s really effective. Infact, that is the only one I have watched. LOL. Just try out the other ones if you dont like it. Oh and someone told me that celery is pretty good for weight loss Wink

It&#x27;s not impossible. But dont weigh yourself down like that. It&#x27;s not healthy.

Goodluck ;O
03-30-2014, 10:23 AM

The water you are drinking is good. Stop doing sit-ups. The fat will still be there over your stomach even with strong abs. Diet is the way out of this. You need low calorie foods and high intensity exercise. Basically you must burn more than you eat. Don&#x27;t eat less, eat better. You can eat things like nuts, vegetables, eggs, fish, and chicken, and drink plenty of water like you are with some milk. No more than 3 glasses of milk a day. The ONLY sugar your body should be getting is from fruit. No soda, candy, chocolate, or other sugar.
Exercise needs to be intense. No light jogging for you. Go outside and walk for 3 minutes. Sprint as fast as you can without passing out for 3 minutes. Walk for 3 minutes. Continue this for 20 minutes to a half hour. Get 8 to 10 hours of sleep, and work throughout the day. If you sit around, your old lifestyle will come back to you. Find something to do like run, play, move, or work. (This won&#x27;t work in 3 months but you will see results)

Good luck Alexa
03-30-2014, 10:34 AM

HI Alexa, my name is Tina and I'm also 16.
I've never had a eating disorder but I've always had problems with food. A short version of my story is: LAst year around this time I started eating healthy and working out. In about 4 months I lost around 10 kg, that's around 22 pounds. I know it's not that much, but I was getting close to my dream weight and than, the last week of school, I suddenly got bored, and started over eating. In a week, as a result of eating to much pastries, brad pasta and such I gained back 3 kg.
I tried to loose it and get back on tack in the next 2 months, june and july, but in august I cracked and gained all the weight I lost and more. I haven't lost much weight since august, but I had to deal with a lot of body image issues first. ANd now I have. It was honestly with the help of this one not that special guy that I just happened to like when I was thiner and now out of nowhere he says to me I prefer you this way. No I didn't fall in love with the guy or anything, but I helped me open my eyes that if I wanted to loose weight I need to use me as motivation, since I'm so dependent on food when I get my heart broken for example.

OK, I know that wasn't that short of a story, but my point is, I have knowledge, and I'm starting (As in right now) to get back on the healthy and happier track, because I was happy with the flat belly Smile
I know many workouts, how to keep if fun and interesting, I know many healthy easy meals to cook... I'm not a pro obviously, but I realise that it's a support system that people like me and you need, so we don't break under pressure. YOu need a friend the rest is easy. And if you can't find a friend, even though I have no idea who you are where you live or nothing, here is my email, use it when ever for what ever you need, I am always here , we could do this together, emails, Facebook, Skype maybe or what ever:
samsays1997@yahoo.co.uk

here are some links of easy workouts (instead of weight you can use water bottles at first and than fill the bottles with something heavier like rice, or sand Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpmaRzA8...VlHM-Sn3l7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6l9xdm2...VlHM-Sn3l7

the playlist is made for beginners but she has other awesome videos:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS...azNVxEcZew

and this whole channel is great :
http://www.youtube.com/user/insanehomefatloss

*keep in mind, there people didn't start working out... yesterday, so you won't be able to do everything at first. But with time I promise you will get better.

And for the food, personally I think you should eat as much fruits and vegetables as possible, it will give you strength and energy, strengthen you immune system and make you happier.
Technically you can lose weight taking in .. 1200 kcal a day, or more if working out, but if half of those calories are fruits and veggies it is even better because they don't have fat, there are good for the skin........
I recommend eating light meat, and not much of it, things like tuna, maybe making one tuna cottage cheese wholewheat sandwich and a big apple as a lunch. If you leave in the USA (or anywhere else where... most stuff is not organic) please if you can I beg you get organic. For cheeper prices to farmers markets... that type of thing.
Also, for about a month I had no bread, some pasta sometimes, but for breakfast I had (and still have) 3-4 spoonfuls of oatmeal, regular steal cut soaked in hot water with banana, or organic (full fat, or not full fat, it really doesn't matter that much as long as it's natural) milk.
Get whole wheat pasta if you can but unless you eat it every day is not that big of a deal.
Have cheats , it's ok, but don't forget to count them more or less in you daily intake. You crave chips, have chips, but limit your self. You want a hamburger: it's ok, intend of that tuna sandwich have HALf a hamburger. It's better to have a cheat once in a while, because.. lets hope and pray what happened to me doesn't happen to you, But you don't seem as most up as I was hehe Smile

Here are some links of awesome meal ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FA9Z7vvRIw
*add a spoonful of flour it makes the world of deference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df4kEfz3rME
the tuna light mayo and spinach is amazing

In general no matter what you eat drink water or tea with it, it will keep your appetite in check, and drinking water burns calories too Smile
Eat on smaller plates and spend time preparing your meal, have joy in chopping the veggies and the fruit, arranging it in shapes, just have fun with it. Smile
This girl lives on only fruits and veggies :
http://www.youtube.com/user/FullyRawKristina
You could try it but I think it is to much to a teen, still she has videos on how to start and amazing salad recipes.

My favourite no dressing salad that still tastes amazing is:

Chop up: carrots, tomatoes cucumber and pepper (when chopped about the same amount) chop in small cuber, the same size in everything, and mix it up well, no salt no oil no nothing, eat with a big spoon still tastes great, at least for me Smile

Make soups, and add things like broccoli and carrots and cauliflower.

At first you may struggle with the food, you may dislike many fruits and veggies so just eat your favourites at first. But believe me, with time you will start to like other stuff as well. i used to hate kiwi, but I somehow started loving it.

Assuming your disorder refers to a... not eating enough disorder, I would recommend for you not to count calories, and not to weigh your self more than once a month, maybe not at all EVER.

DOn't stress: don't be concerned with how much you lose, as long as you lose something is good, I know that I didn't lose as much the first time, but keep in mind I was still learning at first, discovering new things, food workouts everything, and I weighed less than you when I started (68 kg = 150 pounds, but it's shorter than you so.. maybe it evens out idk )

Either way, if you need anything, ever write to me. I don't have a buddy, but I do have friends who tell me when I ask them to: PUT THE FOOD DOWN TINA! Still nobody gets it, and if you have a friend use her/him well, it could be even a family member, anybody but a boyfriend Smile

I'm sure there is plenty I forgot to tell you sorry about that, and if you didn't find what you were looking for in all this than I'm sorry for waisting your time>
Good luck with everything Big Grin
03-30-2014, 10:47 AM

When you are losing weight, you should exercise and diet together.
If you exercise without dieting, you will get bigger appetite, which
will lead to increase of weight, or muscle grow
underneath the fat layer, and make you bulkier. If you diet without
exercising, you will become flabby and will have excess skin. For
diet, go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food
after 7 p.m. People achieve marvellous results with it. Depending on
your initial weight, you can drop upwards from 20 pounds a month. If
you don't eat wheat then you don't eat all those sticky, fatty goey
cakes, you don't eat junk food, and you don't eat biscuits. But your
diet is still balanced. It costs nothing, and you do not have to
calculate points or to buy special meals or plans. For exercising,
start with walking, and then switch to running/jogging. Running is the
most efficient and calorie-burn exercise ever. If you are overweight a
lot, walk first or you may have health complications (heart attack,
disjointed bones and so on). Weight lifting is a good means to target
your problem areas for men and women. It's not necessarily to become a
bodybuilder or even join a gym - a couple of dumbbells will help you
to target your problem areas (stomach, butt, legs, arms, chest).