This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you remove the profile layout on facebook from page rage ?
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
How do you remove the profile layout on facebook from page rage ?
How do you remove that stupid profile layout by " Page Rage" it's so annoying , it puts adds all over my facebook , which causes my computer to freeze , so i can't go on facebook anymore cause it just freezes my computer , i can go on any other website fine , its just facebook . I think the layout got on there when i installed AVG , because after i was done installing it , it was there . Ive clicked the Remove profile layout button on my facebook homepage , but it's still there , I also went to the page rage website & clicked remove layout , but its STILL THERE & it wont go away .Please help me , thankss (:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Argh! I don't like AVG mate. Big Grin

It's better you install Microsoft security essentials or Avast! Both are free. Well that's not the topic. lol.

Unfortunately, you are not the only one with this problem, I have seen lots of people posting the same problem about page rage, and yes it is bad and sh*t.

Try to uninstall it following these steps:

1) Go to start windows bottom
2) Then, click on ''control panel''
3) then Go and click on where it says ''To add or quit/uninstall a program''
4) Look for the file or carpet that says ''Yantoo layers client'' (or probably you will find the name of page rage instead of this, just look for this, it might be in the last carpets)
5) Once you found the file, select it and on the right hand side, there must be a bottom that says either ''quit'' or ''uninstall'', give a click on it and wait until the program is completely uninstalled.
6) Close the window and it is supposed that the program has been already uninstalled.

Check if this works...

Now, if nothing of this didn't work, then try to download a ''professional uninstaller''. The name of it is Revo uninstaller, you can download it in here:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Once downloaded and installed in your desktop, run the launch. Open it, then you will see all the programs that are installed in your pc. What you do is to look for that file of the page rage and give a click on the ''Uninstaller bottom'' which is located under these programs, you will see some bottoms in there.

If that's the case that you cannot even uninstall with this, in the same program ''Revo'' up, above the programs installed, there's a circle that says ''hunter'' or ''shooter''. This is used in cases that you have a problem uninstalling a program. Keep pressing that bottom, the hunter mode, and paste it in the place where is located, then it will ask you if you want to remove it, you say yes and wait for it until the process is done. Try to do this when that program is running, opened, just put the hunter mode on the program running and it will uninstall it.

Above the programs, you could see another bottom that says ''Force'' this is used in cases that you know, almost impossible to uninstall.

I would suggest you to pass the SUPERantispyware after doing all of this. That page rage brings virus to your computer and also scan it with a good anti virus, I don't recommend you that AVG, it's better the microsoft security essentials, its free and trustworthy.

To download SUPERantispyware, give a click on here:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

(Give click in the free version and scan it, it might take some time to finish scanning, so you would need to be a bit patient, it will probably detect troyans and other spywares)

Now, it is not bad to want to have a better look for our facebook profile. There's a safe solution for this. If you want to install a layout for your facebook, then I would recommend you to install ''Mozilla Firefox'' with mozilla firefox, you would be able to change the style of your facebook, in there you can download many scripts or plug ins accordings to your needs, not only layouts, but youtube downloaders, translators and many other things, and they are just plug ins, not programs. So it has no risks, with this you would be able to remove the layout and change it with others anytime you want without problems.

Once you download firefox 5 which is the last version now, you can download the script named ''Greasemonkey''. After this is installed, you would need to install a plug-in named ''Stylish'' which is for your facebook, to change colors and designs. And you can get rid of them anytime you want with no virus.

You can download firefox on here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

(Choose your language and place you come from, and your operating system, windows, linux, mac, etc)

After you installed firefox, you have to install 2 add-ons; the first ''Greasemonkey'' and the second one ''Stylish''
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...asemonkey/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

(Once you download these 2 add-ons, a small window will come up asking you to click on ''permit'', you just give it a click on it, after so, it will ask you to restart firefox, a small bottom, you say yes, after that, all the windows you have will dissapear, BUT for a while so don't be scared, it will come back automatically, this is done just to make the add-ons work and ready to be used, yeah)

Ads

03-30-2014, 08:36 PM

please make this stupoid profile page go away