This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a small business on facebook, how can I advertise for more sales?
03-30-2014, 09:35 PM
I have a small business on facebook, how can I advertise for more sales?
So...I've had a business on facebook before which was going really well until I started having problems with a few people spamming with nasty comments and then it was too much with my tafe course so I shut down.
But now I have started up a new one and I'm not having the same success. I've advertised on facebook which cost me $23 (was meant to be $10 but the ad didn't turn off!) and I have only made ONE sale. I've had it open for about 3 weeks now. I've recently put up a giveaway for one $25 voucher and 4 $15 vouchers to the store and the people just have to suggest their friends to enter. As a way to get some sales as well as more interest...
I can't exactly change my prices at the moment considering the debt I'm in with my parents etc
Should probably mention that I'm 19 (nearly 20) and cannot get a job so that's why I thought starting my own business would be good! But nope...
I don't exactly have any friends I can ask for help either which is another dead end.
I probably went wrong with my order choices to begin with but I can't change that now and I need to make sales. Obviously when I start to sell I can order in some amazing things that I've been searching for (I can't help it!)

I sell womens fashions - clothing, shoes & accessories and I have looked into popular sites for advertisement but I can't afford or risk $100 for a little box on a webpage right now...

It's also called Atulya, it's an Indian name meaning unique and uncomparable.

You can view my 'shop' here: (Even join, suggest and perhaps buy something too yeah!? ;D haha)
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/page...6200481717

So I ask you lovely random people for some help and advice on how I can get more sales! Especially with a limited advertising budget! Smile
Haha I saw a book called 'Purple Cow' in my brothers cupboard and was wondering what it was xD
Now I know so maybe I'll read his - thanks

Thanks everyone for your help too Smile

I've been messaging people from other online shops that have bought similar items (stealing customers mwahahah!) and I might try the google adwords in another week or so. It's just hard because it's only on facebook...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 09:50 PM

i don't really know much about business but if ur using facebook it will help u...u know facebook is for meeting new friends right?? so i think u should like add random ppl and then get to know them more...then ask them if they can suggest ur shop to other ppl or even buy from u...that's what i think u should do Smile)

Ads

03-30-2014, 09:51 PM

There are so many things I could say here.

First, find a copy of "Purple Cow" by Seth Godin. It'll teach you how to think about a business.

Once you've got the mindset, check out the concept of Guerrilla Marketing. You'll get lots of great, cheap and effective ideas for your niche market.

Enjoy! Business is fun!
03-30-2014, 09:56 PM

Hi,

I think one of the best sales ways for you would be google adwords.
Write into google "adwords" and you will see the page. It is an advertisement,
where you only pay if someone clicks, and that means no fixed monthly costs, and you could make your budget as low as 1$ per day, and clicks can cost you starting $0,05 a day.

Make sure, you selected the best 5 keywords for the start. Write google keyword tool in the search engine, select your keywords and look how many people search for it per months. Look for low competition keywords in order to get low click prices.

Your ad should be perfect, so only real customers would click, like:

Buy Women Spring Fashion for Less
We have great women fashion
at low price, starting at $49

In this way, only real "Buyers" will click, and if you selected "buy women fashion online"
as keyowrd, you have 100% potential customers.

I pay every months $3000 for adwords, but make about $15.000 sales out of it. If you are ready to learn and you have a great product to good prices, it will work. If you are not competitive, you will not have many customers....