This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best laptop for a future college freshman?
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM
What is the best laptop for a future college freshman?
So I'm in the market for a laptop, Macs are cute but I'm not interested. I'm going to probably be centered around the hard sciences and use it as well for surfing the web, Facebook, and other apps. 13" is ok, 15" is optimal, 16" doable, but 17" is too big. I want a fast and easy to use laptop, with windows 7. Price range is around $1000 but all laptops will be taken into account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM

A good choice is the Dell Studio 15
Get creative and stay connected with the new Dell StudioTM 15 laptop. Its Hi-def, 15.6¨ LED widescreen design is multimedia-rich, and with a choice of colors the Dell Studio 15 is easily personalized to fit your style.

NEW! Now featuring Intel® CoreTM i5 processors
Available in 5 colors & a selection of 200+ captivating designs
Surround sound with subwoofer and built-in wireless card
Optional backlit keyboard and mobile broadband1

Ads

In my opinion your work load is not that high so I think your work can easily be done with Dell Latitude D620 laptop which is in refurbished condition and comes with great features and specs.

These refurbished laptops can easily upgrade and comes in good condition it just looks like as if it's brand new.

These refurbished laptops also gives you value for money and cheap in prices too. Providing you a website from where you can easily purchase a good refurbished laptop

I'd recommend using Windows PC Scout to help with your decision. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pc-scout/ and click the orange 'Let's get started' button.

Cheers,
Feran
Windows Canada Outreach

Get something basic. Size is your choice. Get an HP. They're cheap and durable.