This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fiancé wants a separation?
03-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Fiancé wants a separation?
After a minor argument he said it was over because he needs space to deal with family issues. He is under a lot of stress with ailing parents. He wants a few MONTHS. I'm devastated of course. It's already been 5 weeks. We have not seen each other, but have talked. Sometimes it's good sometimes it's not. He refuses to discuss us. He gets angry if its mentioned. The only thing he says is that he loves me to death, he hopes it works out, he could never love another like me because he will always love me. But his actions are different. One minute he says he loves me, the next he's treating me like a friend. He has deleted me on all social media, but I can see he is adding a lot of new people from around the world. I know he wants space, but it hurts so much to see him friending and chatting with others while he's ignoring me. On the text app we use I used to see he would check it all the time now he checks it maybe once or twice a day. He rarely initiates any communication. I'm going to back off since he really hurt my feelings again tonight by telling me to get off his ***. All I said was a response to his question. I am hurt and confused. I love him but he is being cold and mean. I decided not to text anymore because I'm obviously no longer his priority so I can't keep making him mine even if it hurts not to. I've never had to have a "break" from anyone...is this normal behavior? He hasn't called in 2 weeks. Or is this behavior because he is so stressed and depressed about his parents?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 11:03 AM

Doesnt say much for the relationship. You cannot just run off and have time apart when you are commited and married. Shows lack of respect for the relationship on his half. he should have allowed you to help him or atleast not ended things.

I would say this is over but thats my opinion, i would have moved on.

What is he going to do if he gets stressed and you are married? runoff? leave you and the kids??

Ads

03-31-2014, 11:04 AM

Truthfully, it sounds like he is too cowardly to break it off. At this point he is pretty much doing whatever he wants and you are sitting around waiting for him to change his mind. I would stop chasing him. Keep busy, call old friends and go out, volunteer somewhere, whatever. Don't be so available. Maybe things will work out, but they probably won't. Well balance people have a life outside of their partner anyway so go ahead and start having one.
03-31-2014, 11:18 AM

He hasn't called in two weeks yet you have continued to call him repeatedly while he remained disinterested to return the favor. He's told you to leave it alone for a few months. You require far more attention than that. It is what it is.

It wouldn't actually appear that he has remained your fiance. I would assume that, at the moment, he is NOT your fiance.
03-31-2014, 11:30 AM

Im sorry,but he is done with you..he is seeing someone else..i know it hurts that he could do that,but hes trying to let you down easy..go pawn or sell the ring,its over...
03-31-2014, 11:42 AM

End the engagement...give him back his ring.....move on with your life and forget this one....emotionally speaking, he's already moved on from you. Doesn't matter why...you deserve better and he's unable to give better.