This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I backup my laptop will it save all my favourite bookmarks and/or channels I'm subscribed to on utube?
03-31-2014, 12:36 PM
If I backup my laptop will it save all my favourite bookmarks and/or channels I'm subscribed to on utube?
I have no other reason to back up my laptop as I save important things to USB and the rest of my things are saved on social media sites. Are there any other advantages to backing up? Also, could you advice on the simplest way to back up as I'm a bit clueless about this. Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 12:51 PM

Your bookmarks are typically saved in your browser settings, which can be backed up separately (or if you use Google Chrome, your bookmarks are tied to your Google Account, so you can just sign in)

Subscriptions on YouTube are, again, account based. Nothing to do with your laptop. You just sign in to YouTube on any computer, and your subscriptions will be there.

The point of backing up a laptop is in case something goes wrong and your data becomes corrupt, you get a bad virus, etc.

Ads

03-31-2014, 01:05 PM

First of all your youtube subscribtions are saved by youtube you don't need to worry about thatSmile
Second - if you're using chrome and are signed in chrome with your gmail then it's backing up your bookmarks automatically too. If you're using another browser there's either an automathic backup as in chrome or you can export your bookmarks as a file. Backing up is made to save your files that are on your PC and nowhere else. You can back them up on an external hard drive/flash drive/ SD card or good old CD/DVDs OR you can put them in an online storage such as dropbox.com or google drive. If you have pictures or music that you want to save and they aren't that big you can put them on one of those cloud storages or a simillar one.