This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why has Facebook started putting advertisments all over its homepage/newsfeed?
03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Why has Facebook started putting advertisments all over its homepage/newsfeed?
I just wondered, it really gets on my nerves..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 06:09 PM

Facebook first started as a free site (Mark Zuckerberg didn't want advertisements).

Now that Facebook is a great website and has employees, they need a way to pay the employees. If Facebook wasn't free, you probably won't be seeing those ad's.

P.S. Watch "The Social Network" it's about the making of Facebook.

Ads

03-31-2014, 06:12 PM

Advertisers pay facebook to put their advertisements on there. So the more the advertisements the mor facebook makes.
03-31-2014, 06:16 PM

because facebook is a business, adverts are put on there as these generate alot of money for the owners and shareholders.
03-31-2014, 06:30 PM

I find it frustrating as well. They have so many because companie pay them to show ads. They make extra money if someone clicks on the add or the website that they are advertising. They put it all over the home and newsfeed pages because those pages are the most visited by users, so it's more likely that someone will click on the pages that are most visited. They do this in an attempt to make more money.
03-31-2014, 06:34 PM

Well, the more advertisements they put under you nose, the more money they get. There are things you can do to stop them.

Download the Firefox web browser and get the Adblock Plus add-on with the Easy List subscription. You'll find most ads disappear from Facebook and other web sites.