This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook - friend question? ?
03-31-2014, 07:54 PM
facebook - friend question? ?
this friend I don't want to include on my facebook as I really do not want to be friends anymore really. I outgrew our friendship as I matured. She has asked for the 2nd time to be friends. I email her just to be polite but I do not want to allow her in as a friend. What can I do? I use my facebook to really share my life with my real friends and don't want to include her. I thought she'd get the hint when I ignored her the first time. Can I admit her but not allow her to read anything? Or is that too rude if its even possible.
its sort of touchy. she was my bride's maid. I am mad at her for never responding to my email 6 years ago when my special needs son was born. it was cruel of her. and now that she;s a mom and all enlighten she wants to be friends.
could i just email her and say i use facebook for a local group of friends and would rather just email ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 08:05 PM

I think it sounds like either way you could hurt their feelings, but if you aren't interested in growing this friendship, then you need to do what you feel is best. If you're worried about hurting their feelings, the safest way is probably to accept the friend request, but not allow them to read any of your personal information.

Still, it sounds as though you're hesitant to even do this. If you really don't care for this person - does it really matter whether you have an explanation to accepting the friend request? No. You're an adult, and you'll probably never see this person (with the exception of cyberspace). Just ignore the requests.

Ads

03-31-2014, 08:19 PM

you can block user by entering her email adress in the block options on your account settings menu. that pretty much erases your profile from existence from any page on facebook from the blocked user, you won't even show up on her friend's friend's lists